Friday, November 23, 2007

We Survived!

Yes, we are home safe and sound after facing the mall! Actually, it wasn't too bad in the end, and I found EVERYTHING I needed to get. Whee! I can't believe its really all done! I was so tired and beat by the end of it all, but its done and I can totally enjoy December. Hee!

Nana decided last night that she wanted to join me, so I picked her up at 930am and we left for town. I wanted to take Ariel to get her picture with Santa, but he wasn't arriving until 11am, so we hit Gymboree first. I was shopping for a boy, as I am part of a gift exchange on my 'born in August' board. It was so strange to be on the opposite side of the store for a change. I was in luck finding a good deal and getting 30% on top of that. I usually shop online now, since the US prices are WAY better than ours, but I didn't it would arrive by the time I had to ship this gift. Anyhoo, I got a skirt for Ariel that I didn't get online, since I wanted to see this particular item in person. Also grabbed some hair clips from the sale bins and checked out. When I left and was double checking my bill, I realized I didn't get the %30 off on all the items, so I had to go back. Argh. Of course there is a huge line now. Blah. By the time we were done, it was 11am, so off to see Santa.

I wasn't too sure what Ariel would think of Santa, but as I took her up she turned the corner and just stared at him. Then she saw his rocking horse beside his chair and ran to that instead. When I tried to put her on his knee she started to whine, so good ol' Santa suggested we sit her on the horse in front of him. It worked perfectly, and we got a cute picture. I thanked Santa and Ariel got a candy cane, which she was thrilled about. Here is our picture, see the horse head peaking up. Heheh.


And just for kicks, here is last year's picture. Awe!



After Santa we shopped a bit more, had some lunch and did one more circle of the mall. Of course I can't say what I bought, since my family read this, hee. All in all, Ariel was sooooooooo good and had complements on her furry white boots from so many people. That's our fashion princess! We came home and I am now going to have a rest while Ariel naps too. Very glad I don't have to cook tonight, but I may be wrapping gifts instead. Whee!

5 comments:

Kristin said...

What a great picture, so cute!
And what a difference a year makes eh!

Jill Brochard said...

Awsome picture withe the big guy!! I can't believe you are done shopping already -- I'm very jealous!

Unknown said...

Santa got new glasses this year!! lol :)

Anna Marie said...

Oh, that is too sweet! So cute that you have the picture from last year to compare. She is such a doll!

Brenda said...

Jay, there's something seriously wrong with having your Christmas shopping done already! :) Can't wait to see your Gymbo buys!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...