Thursday, November 22, 2007

Full of thanks!

We are all stuffed... very stuffed... and boy was it worth it. Hee. So I went all out on our Thanksgiving the Sequel, as we call it around here. Ariel and I made a last minute run to the store this morning for the items I forgot yesterday. During the mission, I helped Nana with a gift for Ariel. I showed her these stuffed dogs that sound and move like real dogs, needless to say Ariel LOVED them. The girl is dog crazy! I guess its easier than a real one at this point... especially since she isn't always gentle.

On our way home we saw Stella at the Quilt shop, and got Ariel's eye spy quilt back. Ariel was thrilled and carried it all around the store. She has even been trying to say blanket... sounds more like 'bank' but its a start.


Came home and started food prep. Since we were having a large chicken instead of turkey, I made up an rice, apple and raisin stuffing. Yummy. Also made up a green bean casserole, potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn, broccoli and some appetizers of mushroom caps and a butternut squash with coconut curry soup (it was a mix I had saved for a special occasion). Ken left work early and all three of us feasted.


Ariel ate a whole plate of food, loving the sweet potato and stuffing best.


She also wanted to use my fork, that's my big girl!


After a nice long break, we cooked up one of those frozen apple pies I got at the bazaar and ate it while watching Ugly Betty. Ariel really loves pie.


I am happy so say the dishes are pretty much done except a few that are soaking, the princess is in bed and I am preparing my lists for tomorrow as we go to do the last (hopefully) of the Christmas shopping. I got to do my Black Friday online shopping early last night, and got some GREAT deals for some things next year for Ariel, and a few surprises under the tree. Also hope to see Santa, since I like to take her early to avoid it being a rushed and stressful thing. Don't want to freak her out. If it goes well, you should see a cute picture tomorrow. Whee.

In closing, getting to have another Thanksgiving is really special. I feel so blessed to get to celebrate a wonderful day of giving thanks for everything we have in our lives. I am thankful for my wonderful family, our amazing lives and opportunities and for a creator that makes it all possible. Thank you indeed.... plus I am so thankful I won't have to cook for 3 days at least... I love leftovers!

1 comment:

Jill Brochard said...

Your dinner looks so yummy!! Good for you for doing a really dinner like that for the three of you -- I just don't have the motivation to do it all just for us. Plus when I try I still make the same amount that I would for 10! Enjoy your leftovers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...