Thursday, November 29, 2007

The countdown is close at hand...

Do you realize that Saturday is December 1st??? Yikes, it sure sneaks up fast. I will be celebrating the first at church that morning making a beautiful Christmas wreath with our Ladies group at church. Yay. I am very excited.

First off, wanted to share the little monkey Ariel, and her new trick of the week. She unzipped my diaper bag, pulled everything out until she found the snack cup. Then took the lid off and had some munchies. Talk about helping yourself! I think in this case, she earned them.


This week has been going by rather fast with tasks like writing up Christmas cards, wrapping and packing up the gifts for Ken's family and the regular household chores to do. I also have a computer room full of boxes of decorations, which is making feel very claustrophobic as I sit here and type. Gack!

I got all the cards finished last night and dropped them at the post office this morning. In total there were about 100 cards, some are for our church friends that will be given out in person, but the majority went in the mail. So you all should see our annual Christmas cartoon sketch very soon!


This morning Ariel and went over to Stella's. Donna was there working on some pj pants for someone, and I managed to get my patterns cut and pinned to the fabric for the night gowns for Ariel and I. If I can clear off the table tomorrow I can cut them out. I also forgot to mention that Tina from church has let me have her old serger! I am so pumped! Its going to make finishing clothes and things so much nicer.

Speaking of sewing, I made up a sock monkey for the little boy I got in the secret gift exchange. I wanted to include something homemade with my gift, and this seemed to be the best idea. I hope he likes it. The plan is to send both that gift and the box of gifts for Ken's family off tomorrow... I guess we will see if that happens or not.


Well I also got tagged by Got Jiltan so I have to give you 6 things/habits about myself.

- I have an obsession with the 'Attack of the Killer Tomatoes' movies, especially the 'Return of the Killer Tomatoes'. Seriously, its the weirdest movie and yet I LOVE it. Did you know a very young George Clooney stars in it? Haha, I wonder why he never talks about it? Anyways, if I ever find old merchandise at thrift stores etc, I pick it up. I have a few kids books (it was a short lived cartoon as well), toys and collectible stress ball that is shaped like a tomato that came out for the special 25th anniversary. Ken and I quote this movie all the time. I think he fell in love with me after I showed him the film... what guy wouldn't love a tomato gal?

- I am extremely loyal, but if I feel the trust was broken by the other party, it takes me a long time to get over it. I am very sensitive and I think it makes me take things too personally at times, but that's who I am. Over the years I have developed a thicker skin, but I still can be hurt easily. Lets face it, I cry with the best of them.

- I have too many allergies! From medications, food to the world around me... sometimes I think I need to be in a bubble. I have worn a medical alert bracelet for my medication allergies since I was in elementary school. I wore a necklace one for awhile, until I nearly strangled myself on the slide at school... yeah, back to bracelet.

- I love all types of crafts, especially cross stitch. I started when my Aunty Penny showed me during one of our vacation visits to their home when I was a kid. Slowly over time I have taught myself various techniques and styles. It is my way of relaxing while watching tv, although people think that's odd, I'm just at the point where I don't need to concentrate on it anymore.

- Shoes hate me! I never find shoes that are comfortable for me. I have very sensitive heels and I tend to wear my birks or sneakers year round. So sad... I love cute shoes... they just don't love me. Then I had Ariel and my feet grew and the small collection of shoes I did have, no longer fit. Blah.

- I love organizing things. I once spent a few days organizing a co-workers office for them because she didn't know how. I wish I could work on one of those tv shows where they do that for people, its seriously fun for me. Yeah I know, me = weirdo.

Ok, so I tag Dianne, Robyn, Kelly, Erin, Karen and Julie.

Speaking of organizing, I want to try and make a dent in this room before bed... the walls are caving in.... ahhhhh.

7 comments:

Jill Brochard said...

There is going to be one lucky SK boy -- that monkey is stinking adorable!!

Your second thing about yourself (about being sensitive and loyal) sounds just like me! ;)

Brenda said...

Dang, I knew I should have given Mallory's name to you! :) Super cute monkey!

Oh, and if you ever need a vacation, you can come to my house and organize to your heart's content!

kelly ens said...

love that picture of ariel's victorious search :)
ok, i guess i need to get working on the tag post!!! :)

kelly ens said...

oh yeah, i forgot to say that sock monkey is AMAZING!!! wow - you're talented. seriously!

Kristin said...

That is an awesome sock monkey!

Marin love emptying bags too, it is not very handy especially when I am trying to pack! Good thing they are cute!

Kim said...

Great monkey :-) Thank you so much for the Christmas card, it's awesome!

Jay said...

Thanks ladies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...