Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Bring on Winter...

...we are ready! The box Grammy shipped arrived today, well actually it arrived several days ago but as everyone knows with us, things never are as smooth as it could be. Hah. Well, she sent it to Ken's work address, but that just changed in the summer and the mail is still forwarded, you'd think that would make it easier right. WRONG! Apparently they didn't get the right info and tried 3 times to deliver it to the old location before sending it back to the post office that finally figured out why it couldn't be delivered... duh! Well, at this point they won't reship to the new location and Ken had to go pick it up, which wasn't a quick walk and so he had to take a cab. At the end of it all, Ariel has some super cute winter looks...


I think she looks great in blue!


I have been busy crafting during Ariel's naps, and figured I should show some of the things I have been doing. Can't show much since some things are Christmas gifts. Hee. The first is the bedding for Ariel's new doll crib that is now painted. I need to add some details still before I show that, but the bedding is a good start. I haven't done the mattress yet, still need some foam, but the quilt, sheet and pillow are finished. I had some leftover lace from Ariel's dedication dress and used it for the pillow, so cute.


I have also finished stitching this year's ornament for Ariel. I want to make one every year for her, so that one day when she has her own family and tree that she has some starter stuff. I really liked this pattern, but I had to change the year since it originally said 2004. I am lucky that a seven is a pretty easy number to figure out.


Today we got to go for a walk in the beautiful weather. 'Come on mommy, lets go!'


It was so nice out and not too chilly. I had to go buy a new plate to replace the one that fell prey to hurricane Ariel. This is why you go with open stock dishes! We also got some food at the grocery store for the week, but somehow forgot we needed eggs and butter too... guess we will be going back again tomorrow.

Well, its bath time for a princess, whee!

3 comments:

Dianne said...

I just love the second outfit from Grammy... the leggings are adorable! Have I ever told you what a cutie your daughter is?

Jill Brochard said...

Man your girl is stylin'! She always has the cutest outfits!

Beuatiful ornament -- just another one of Jay's many talents!

kelly ens said...

first picture: Ariel looks SO much like Ken!
second picture: CUTEST OUTFIT EVER!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...