Saturday, November 03, 2007

Cooooooold

That's how I am feeling at the moment... not a good sign. I feel somewhat prickly and sore, and frankly I don't want to be sick so I am believing that its just the rain causing it. Looking forward to gaining an extra hour of sleep, lets hope princess is on board with that plan.

Today was the first sign of Christmas... the Sacred Heart Church bazaar. Hehehe, yes, you will remember it from past posts that its the event I look forward to every year. Crafts, goodies and a tea house - its pretty much a perfect morning in my opinion. My mom use to take me and I am loving taking Ariel now. Last year she was just a little baby watching it all, this year she was totally into the food aspect. Yes, my little girl downed a whole plate of fancy tea sandwiches. When Nana bought our tickets, they seemed shocked that a baby was taking part, but they don't know how my girl wants to be a big girl and do everything like the grownups.

I forgot my camera *DOH* but I tried to recreate the moment with an extra plate of sandwiches I paid for to bring home. You get the idea, but you have all seen my girl stuff her face before, but with egg, tuna, asparagus, salmon and maraschino cherry? I was even surprised, as I was hoping I would get to help her out... no such luck.


As for the crafts, bought 2 little ornaments, 2 new pairs of knitted slippers (love those) and a few trays of baking. I also managed to find a few knitted dish cloths for Ariel's stocking. Hee. She will be very excited for sure.

After the bazaar and a quick visit with Nana and Papa at their place, I met up with Gwen for girl talk. It was funny we talked for 2 and a half hours last night on the phone, and you would wonder if we had anything left to say, but we managed to get another few hours out of our visit. Ariel was totally loving Aunty Gwen, and was crying when she had to go have her nap. Gwen said it was the best complement. Awe.

We chatted about life while sampling the goodies I had bought in the morning. Yum. I showed her some of my favorite cross stitch websites and I am sure I will be responsible for large amounts of money she may end up spending now because of it. Sorry Gwen!

Once the house was empty and princess was still sleeping, I rested trying to get a hold of my chills. Ugh. Had a nice hot bath, so awesome. Ariel soon got up and we had leftovers for dinner. We watch a 'Celtic Women' special on PBS, beautiful music. Ariel loved it and was dancing and singing along. She would even clap when the live audience started. Very sweet.

Ariel had her bath and is in bed, but is still awake as I can hear her talking to herself. I have been trying to teach her to say 'I love You' and we actually made really good progress. Its rough and she does it like one big word (with a few extra sounds mixed in) but the hug she gives with it makes me know she gets it. Talk about making your heart melt. Sniff.


Not sure if we are going to make it to church. Totally depends how I wake up tomorrow... please no more chills. Blah.

3 comments:

Jeremy said...

I hope you wake up feeling better!

Erin

SarahRachel said...

That bazaar sounds like so much fun! =) And those sandwiches look so yummy! I hope you feel better today!

Brenda said...

Awww, I hope you feel better soon. Here's hoping for a 12 hour bug! And I absolutely LOVE Ariel's yellow bathrobe - too bad Mallory enjoys being naked so much, or I'd totally get her one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...