Wednesday, November 07, 2007

On the mend

As you know I had a weird case of the chills a few days ago and it seemed as if the next day I was fine... well, it was more of a preview of things to come. The following day my throat and nose declared war on my body. Ugh! Needless to say it made for some very miserable days of sneezing and losing my voice at times. That's hard when dealing with a busy toddler who has really taken a liking to climbing on ANYTHING that comes into her path!


I feel fine, its just my head that isn't responding. My sinuses are so clogged that it makes my face hurt, especially my jaw... making eating really painful at times. I keep taking pain pills to help, and it does, but I can sure feel it when they wear off. My nose was much better today, so I think we are near the end!

Although I was sick, I did manage to keep some of my schedule in tact. On Monday, I took Ariel to the doctor for her weight check. As I mentioned a month ago, she seemed to either lose weight or slow down... mostly due to the fact she had started walking, making her extremely active. I am happy to say that within a month she has gained a pound and a half, bringing her back to her curve. The 16 month appointment will really be the test to see if it has continued, but at least I feel a bit better about the whole thing. Ariel celebrated by showing she could stuff herself in a basket. Woohoo!


On Tuesday, Stella, Ariel and I made a run out to the fabric store and Costco. I found some great flannel for a nightgown for Ariel, and decided to make a matching one for me, since my favorite one is slowly falling apart... much to Ken's disappointment. (He loves my flannel nightgown and says I look cuddly, hee) I hope he likes this one just as much. It will be fun to have something that matches my little sweetie. I'll keep the fabric a secret until I start sewing... only cuz I forgot to take a picture of it. Haha. Also, I found some great material for a gorgeous brown table cloth. Its so yummy! It will really dress up the table, and maybe I can get it ready for the upcoming American Thanksgiving!

Then to Costco where is was fun shopping day for Christmas goodies. I picked up a gift for our chosen child for the Single Mom's Banquet that is coming up in a few weeks at church. This year we got a 5 year old boy, and so I got a neat set of cars. Gotta love Costco for toys! Also got a few things for Ariel and Ken's stockings. I got Ariel the High School Musical 2 soundtrack, because we all know we have heard the other one too much and can use a change. Hee. I'd say what I found Ken, but he reads this so it will have to wait till Christmas morning.

Today, I got Ariel and myself in gear early so that we could complete the list of things that needed to happen today, since Ken is taking the car tomorrow. Of course it was dumping rain, ugh, but we made it through. The big one was finishing the shopping for the Samaritan's purse shoe boxes, since I wanted them dropped off tonight. Ariel and I hit the shops and got all the goodies for a girl and boy box. I love doing these! I realized that I had to look back to last years and see how much Ariel has changed. It was amazing, my little girl has grown up so much. Sniff.


Ken had to work late because of a presentation downtown tonight, so it has been a girls night. Ariel was in bed pretty early though, as time change has been a bit rough on her schedule. Plus, I felt another molar getting ready to burst through her gums, which explains the constant chewing on her finger.

Since she has been such a good girl, I let her have a treat earlier today, some chocolate brownie. Ooh, she liked that, can you tell?

3 comments:

Jill Brochard said...

Clogged sinuses are no fun! Hope you will be painless (without popping pills) soon!
I am very jealous of all the things you can make. I wish I knew how to sew -- my mom doesn't know how to, so I don't either.
WTG on teaching Ariel aboy charity -- what a great gift you are giving your daughter!

P.S. And Leïla is jealous of Ariel's hair ;)

Brenda said...

Ugh - I hope you're feeling 100% soon.

Check out Mallory's blog...looks like we have two peas in a pod! Except for Ariel's hair - Mallory is jealous too! :)

Kristin said...

Mmm brownies! She sure looks pleased with them. And cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...