Sunday, November 04, 2007

Happy Day

I woke up feeling much better this morning, my throat was a bit sore, but the shakes were gone, yay! Ken called at 730am to say they were on their way back home, and he walked through the door around 10am, so that was awesome. Ariel wasn't sure what to think at first, and was more excited about the big box of school materials than hugging her Daddy. Once things settled down, she was all over him, and was screaming when he took the garbage out, guess she was afraid he was leaving again.

Since we didn't make it to church in the end, we had a lazy morning and Ariel spent most of her time being a monkey. She was hiding in the clothes basket...


Hiding in the closet... is that the face of someone who is up to something?


And taking the toy dog's bed and trying to fit into it...


She didn't want to take a nap today, and we didn't push it either since she did that last Sunday too. Of course it made her over tired and she fell asleep briefly during her dinner.


In other news, I have come up with an idea to take the place of the kitchen set for Ariel's birthday... yes, I have plenty of time, but I was on my own a lot this weekend and got to surf the net a bit. I decided to get some food for her kitchen! There are sooooooooooo many cute wooden food toys out there, it was so much fun looking and trying to pick. I think these are what I may go with, my favorite being the chicken that you can carve (its all Velcro). How cute is that!!!

6 comments:

Jeremy said...

I love how the toy food is made out of wood and not the typical plastic. They'll last for years! The velcro-chicken is so creative!!

Dianne said...

I love love love the things you find for Ariel. You are going to be my shopping go-to girl for our Chickadee.

Kristin said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better, and that your little family is back together. :)

Kim said...

I'm happy you're feeling better! The toy food is awesome - the velcro chicken is great! I think I wanna be a kid again . . .

Jill Brochard said...

Glad you are feeling better!! Cute kitchen sets!

kelly ens said...

sleeping in the high chair. classic. so cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...