Monday, November 12, 2007

Family Fun Day!

Also known as everyone stays in their pjs all day... except Ariel, she is too fun to dress up! Haha. We were loving that Daddy got today off from work and we decided that we weren't going to do anything except stay home. It was WONDERFUL! Ariel was in heaven having us both here, and happily played while we made a yummy brunch of pancakes and eggs.


Yesterday, Ariel once again pulled the 'I will not nap on Sunday' routine. She actually was out for about 40 minutes, so it was better than nothing. Not sure why Sunday is so different than during the week. Any ideas? Either way, she loved snuggling on the couch with Daddy watching cartoons.


Check out what she wore to church that day! I did some mix and matching from odd pieces I had, and I think it turned out cute. What do you think?


Later she was playing in the toy basket, what a nut!


During the night there was a HUGE wind storm and it took me awhile to actually fall asleep. The next morning the leaves had covered the parking lot outside, and my wind chime broke again. It breaks in the same spot every year during the wind storms, and I keep fixing it with super glue. Gotta love tradition.

Ken did a lot of animation today, and I painted this year's Christmas card! YAY! I just need to scan it and start printing them out. I really love this year's idea, and it had both Ken and I laughing pretty hard. If anyone wants to get one via mail who hasn't gotten on our list before, please leave your email in the comments and I will contact you. We are more than welcome to mail you one, as we love sending Christmas cards!

We also managed to write our newsletter that goes along with our card, so that's great too! If I get on the ball tonight, maybe I can start printing them out on the pretty paper I got months ago.

I need to return to the family for some more playtime before princess goes to bed. Maybe she will read us a story. Hee.

9 comments:

Tyler and Leah said...

Asher loves it when both of us are around too!! he instantly becomes an angel full of energy ready to play with daddy:0) not so much throughout the day, but when daddy comes home.......smiles and laughs all around

Dianne said...

Yay! I love getting your Christmas cards in the mail! Each year I wonder what the new picture will be... my own special tradition :)

Kristin said...

All day in your pjs, sounds great! :)

Jill Brochard said...

You are so on the ball! Getting your Christmas tuff done already! You amaze me! Could you e-mail me a card -- I would love to see your creative creation! jillbrochard@hotmail.com

SarahRachel said...

That soudns like a VERY fun day!! I love the pic of Ariel and her Daddy snuggling. Those type of pics are priceless! I wanna see your Christmas card! Sarahracheljanney@hotmail.com
=)

Brenda said...

Love the snuggly pic! Do you want to write our Christmas letter too?? Dh is putting it off....again.

Oooh, and I want to see your card, too!

brevans02@yahoo.com

Kim said...

I would love to receive a Christmas card too: kim.teacher@gmail.com

I love the snuggling picture! It sounds like everyone enjoyed the long weekend!

missmarble said...

Me too please!

lilysmumma@gmail.com

I think the world would be a happier place if every family had a stay in your pajamas day once a month. Start a trend! Spread the word!

kelly ens said...

my input on the Sunday no-nap thing...overstimulation. Taeya never naps well on Sunday's either, and I've come to realize that she gets a lot more excitement in a short amount of time in the nursery than she does on any other day. she's always been one to react to overstimulation by not being able to settle down well, and now it's translated to shorter naps. So that's my 2 cents...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...