Tuesday, November 07, 2006

From giving to good grief!

So its only Tuesday and so far its been an interesting day. I will cover crazy entertainment stuff in a moment, but first, today was Irene's surgery, so prayers going out to her and the family. Keep them all in your hearts in the next few days and that we hopefully hear some good news.

Secondly, today Ariel had her first experience of giving back. I took her to help me with our 2 giving projects of the coming holiday season. First we filled a shoe box with toys, school supplies and hygiene stuff for the annual Samaritan's purse project. I am sure you have all seen these boxes at safeway, but if you haven't, here is the scoop. You take a box, fill it with the items listed and it will be sent to a little boy or girl on the other side of the world. Its rather a fun ministry project I have been doing for years, but I was excited to get Ariel involved. Sure she is barley 3 months, but this picture is the first of many I will take as we do this every year. Ariel is so blessed with the wonderful gifts she gets from family and friends, and I want her to know how important it is to give back to others. We also went shopping for a gift for one of the kids of the single mom group from church. We spent a long time picking something really nice, because you never know if this may be one of the few gifts they get at all. I ended up asking some moms at the store what was big with 10 year olds this year, and it made my final decision so much easier. Tonight we wrap it up and it will be ready to drop off this weekend.

Ok, thats was my news, now lets turn to Hollywood for some weird stuff. First off, as if we didn't know it was gonna happen eventually... BRITNEY SPEARS FILES FOR DIVORCE... ok, who had November 7th, 2006 as your guess, you win. I'm sorry to see any marriage end, but this had disaster written all over it from the beginning. Sigh. Needless to say, I found the funniest comment on the tabloid shows saying it was a shocker... your kidding right?

Next is the strangest thing, and I have yet to come to a conclusion if this is a joke or not. This morning on the radio they were talking about Faith Hill's reaction to losing a CMA award last night to Carrie Underwood. They said to see it on 'You Tube' and I sprang out of bed to see it. Lol, yea I'm a total nut. Anyhoo, look for yourself, I posted the clip. Look at that reaction, she isn't happy. Now as of 5pm, she is saying oh it was a joke... um... kinda an odd joke if you ask me. Either way, I love Carrie Underwood, and frankly I have lost a bit of respect for Faith Hill, joke or not. She has gone and made a huge ass (of the donkey variety) of herself, and its her own fault. I guess this was the best time for blunder though, Britney sorta took the spotlight... or maybe she filed the papers today because Faith was the big story... either way, I'm glad I don't live in Hollywood.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...