Monday, November 20, 2006

Christmas is alive at the mall....

...But we knew that already. Heheh. Yes, Nana and I went to the mall today to look for a few warmer sleepers for the princess. While there we saw that Santa had landed already. Its only November, and I thought Santa arrived in December, but what do I know. Anyhoo, Ken and I aren't big on the idea of going to see Santa to say what you "want." That takes away from what Christmas is about, however, I want my children to know the story of St. Nicholas, and tie Santa in that way. He is the spirit of giving, just like God sending his son for us, a gift to the world. Since St Nicholas has is own day,December 6th, it then keeps Christmas day for Christ. As Ariel gets older, that time will be used to give back to the community or others in need, just as St Nicholas gave to the less fortunate. This then brings me back to the mall Santa, they have it now set up where to get a picture is at one time, and asking for stuff is another, so problem solved. My kids can see Santa and we are please the gimmes won't crowd the season. Amen!

Ariel enjoyed Santa, more so his beard, as she tried to make him a snack. The Santa was very kind and admired how pretty my little girl was, awe. He even gave me and Nana candy canes, lol. Woot! I put the large picture in Ariel's baby book and have the other ones to give to the grandparents. I am glad I had Ariel in a nice dress today, huzzah!

The weekend was good. Ken's cold is improving and he isn't sounded as bad as he once did. Mike, Josee, Dad and Rita came to our church on sunday, which was nice. We all had lunch at Nana's afterwards and Ariel puked on Mikey, it was a good time. Sorry Mike. The BC Lions won the grey cup, not that I care but its still exciting.

This week is filling up fast. I am making dinner for Irene and Rick tomorrow. She is home from the hospital and feeling pretty good for someone who just has their colon removed. Gonna make my spaghetti tuna casserole, nice and light. Wednesday is sewing at Stella's, so I can finish the pjs. Thurday is American Thanksgiving, so I am cooking a turkey and all the trimmings for Ken. Its another special holiday for Ariel. Here's hoping we can get out to Michigan for one in the future. Friday we are going to get our family portraits done with Maria. She did our pictures in the past, and they are always lovely. Just in time for Christmas gifts. Somewhere in there the cable man is gonna visit again, don't get me started on our blasted internet. They know where the issue is, its a matter of fixing it so it stays fixed. Blah.

Well, princess is sleeping, better get my laundry put away. Bye!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Wow, what a great picture! I think it's great that you'll be able to visit Santa and not have to be surrounded by kids who are asking for all sorts of stuff they don't need. I have to admit, I'm starting to get caught up in the whole Christmas season myself, and I usually don't even think about Christmas until December!

Jay said...

thanks! yeah, it was so nice to walk up and get our pics in a 5 minute stop. Its really the way to do it, none of this 2 hour wait and by then have a miserable child. they even took several pics so I could pick the best one, rather than the rush click and run. It was a very pleasant experience! :)

I am a Christmas nut, and would have my tree up right after rememberance day if I could. However, since I married an american, I have another thanksgiving to get through first, so tree is allowed up once the turkey is gone, hehe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...