Friday, November 17, 2006

Plenty of rain, but low on water?

That apparently is the case, strange isn't it. With the recent storms, our water supply has become dirty (thats the easy explanation). So the Greater Vancouver area (us) is on a boil water advisory. I am glad I got Ken to buy some bottled water last night, because by today, the shelves were bare. No coffee place could really sell unless their water was bottled or boiled first. Wow. Tim Hortons was closed today, wacky. Its getting better slowly the news reports were saying tonight. We could be better by the weekend, so here is hoping that is the case. I don't need to get sick, Ken is already.... again. Sigh.

Well, today was the shopping trip to Walmart. Its kinda a big deal since we have to drive a distance to get to one. The rain was still pounding, which never makes these trips as fun, but nothing was getting in my way of a good time. Ariel liked the store and I found some cute stocking stuffers and little gifts for the last people on my lists. Even got a birthday gift for the princess, yes I have several months but a deal is a deal.

So one of the neat finds today was a really cute casual christmas dress for Ariel. Its got the white fake fur trim with matching hat too! Also got some cute seasonal bibs. Whee. Speaking of bibs, I also got a huge pile of extra everyday bibs. My girl has the drool tap on full blast these days. Ick.

Came home and since I had a bottle of breastmilk thawed for the trip (in case she got hungry during the car ride) I gave it to her so not to waste it. Ariel then surprised me by grabbing hold of it. She needed help to tip it up a bit to get more milk, but she was in control pretty much. What a girl! Stella happened to be there and grabbed the top pic as proof.

Tonight, I got a lot of sewing done. I pretty much have all our christmas pjs done, they just need finishing on sleeves etc. They turned out to be really easy patterns, which is always nice. I also got Ariel's stocking underway. I need to get some trim to add along the edge before I unveil it, but here is a pic of the final cross stitch before it becomes a stocking.

Ken and Ariel are both sleeping... kinda nice to have a bit of time to myself. But I grow sleepy too, so it won't be long I am afraid. Its been an interesting week of rain, a water shortage and OJ Simpson's book "If I Did It"... I don't even know where to start on that one. Its just a sad story all around, and it really makes me sick to think about. It does have me flash back to social studies class, listening to the verdict on the radio and being stunned that he got off. Well, 11 years later and I still am stunned. Sigh.

Hope everyone has a good weekend...
-Ariel and I will be busy with some more bazaars tomorrow, whee
-Bob and Robyn are busy with their 3rd baby girl, Zoe Grace, born on the 14th(congrats again guys!)
-Dianne and Chris are planning next years Christmas decor on their new home (congrats to you too!)
-numerous other people are doing exciting stuff I am sure (congrats to you all, heh)
-finally, the TomKat gets married this weekend... um... is everyone else tired of this yet? After this weekend will start no doubt the 'is the marriage over' reports or 'is she pregnant again?' Which do you think it will be of these popular, annoying choices the media tends to stick to us.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...