Thursday, November 16, 2006

Final touches

I was originally planning to go back to Stella's today to sew but Ken needed the car for work so I ended up changing my plans. Ariel and I had a lazy morning. While she napped I got the pj pants for Ken together, just need to do the elastic waist band, woot. Just as I was going to move to Ariel's pjs, she woke up so she ate and chatted with me. Then Ariel proceeded to barf down her clothes. Nice! When I had stripped her of the messy outfit, she suddenly got a case of the giggles. She couldn't stop laughing! It was so funny that I started laughing too. What a nutty girl.

We walked down to the safeway to drop off our shoebox donation project. I ened up picking up a nice soup and bread bowl for lunch, since it was such a cold day. Plus scored the new december issues of Parents and Martha Stewart, sweet! Ariel was pretty much asleep in the snuggly when we pasted the framing shop. The lady ran out to say my picture was complete. Yay.

I got it unwrapped at home and my excitement fell a bit. My cross stitch was way off center of the mats. Strange? Ugh. I was not happy but figured I would live with it, although I knew it would drive me nuts. As I went to hang it in Ariel's room, I noticed a thread or fuzzy thing stuck under the glass. That would TOTALLY drive me bonkers so I had to fix it, since there was now 2 things that weren't to my liking. I opened it up and re-centered it, I still can't get over how blind they were to how off it was. Geeze. Plus I removed the annoying fluffy under the glass. Compulsive, yes... and proud of it! So here hangs the final piece to my daughters room. I did the same one for Trudy's first son William 5 years ago. I can't believe he is 5 this week. Happy Birthday Will! Looks like we finalized our plans to meet up in Victoria over Christmas. Yay. Can't wait to finally meet Theron and Lucas. Lucky Ken always gets to see them on his trips out that way, boo!


Tomorrow is the shopping day with Nana and Stella, however, the word is the rain is coming back! Noooooooooooooooooo! Sigh, stay tuned for the outcome. Blah.

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Did I hear someone mention trips to Alberta?? I think you're going to have to join Ken on one of these trips and come say hi!

Your new cross-stitch piece for Ariel looks great :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...