Saturday, December 01, 2007

Oh Christmas Tree...

I am happy to say our tree is now dressed for the season. Last night while we watched 'Hairspray' (totally loved it too by the way!) I decorated the tree. Its always like a little reunion with the ornaments. I love ornaments, all kinds! I place each one in the perfect spot and so it takes me quite awhile to finish emptying the 4 large tubs of them all. But when its done, wow. I can sit and look at them for hours. Our ornaments aren't bought by bulk from a store, but each hand picked. They all have a story behind them, and I can't wait to decorate with Ariel when she is older and share the secrets behind them.

Like the ones that are old friends, that use to hang on my tree growing up. A cute old yarn santa with the bead eyes that I loved as a kid.


The special bell made by a family friend. Both my mom and I each had one.


Many homemade ones, since I am a craft nut...


...and cross stitch nut too!


The ones that are clearly Ken's...


...and those that are definitely mine!


Yes, we have lots of cute ones involving food...


... and strange ones... lots of strange ones.


Ones that mark occasions...



...or remind us of our greatest treasures.


Our angel sits on top of the tree, watching over the little creatures below.


I love our Christmas tree!


Today also marks December 1st and its SNOWING again! This time it looks pretty serious too. Haha. I went to the wreath making event this morning and it went so well. I came home with a beautiful creation and knowledge on how to build one next year. Yay. It was fun to see both Erin (Carter's mom) and Erin (Sienna's mom), not to mention a surprise with Julie (Jo's oldest sister) being there too with Brenda. I finally got to see baby Molly. What a cutie! Anyhoo, the wreath really dresses up the deck... I now wish I had hung the lights earlier this week. Blah.


Ariel had a great time with Dad and Rita this morning. I was surprised how good she was considering she was up at 4am with teething issues. A new bottom molar is coming. Argh! She finally went back to sleep at 6am and we both slept till 8am until we had to run out the door. Either way, it worked out well and she got to play reindeer. Hee.


I also mailed off the big box of gifts to Ken's family today. Yesterday we picked up some more brown paper to wrap it up, and Ariel walked from the car to the door while carrying it all on her own! I was pretty impressed.


Once it was wrapped, Ariel wanted to climb on it, big surprise. But that is a huge weight off knowing its heading out to Michigan. Whee. I also hear my cards are arriving, so thats cool too! Mail is fun... when things don't get lost anyways.


Now I am off to make some hot coco and relax while my daughter sleeps. It is the cold days like this one that make me wish we had a fireplace... would make hanging stockings easier too... but this still looks cute. Right?

6 comments:

Jeremy said...

Your tree looks beautiful! I love having decorations with a story behind them, it makes it all so special! Had a great time today, thanks for the invite!

Jill Brochard said...

You tree is precious!! Everyone of our decorations are hand picked too and I tell the girls the story of each one every year! I don't see how people can have impersonal trees -- sure they are pretty and everything matches, but you don't have the Christmas magic! ;)

Kristin said...

I love all the pics of what is on your tree. How fun!

Dianne said...

hehe... I've been plotting how I might show off some of my special ornaments too. Great minds.... :D

Your tree looks great!!

Kathleen W said...

Hey crafty person, get a large piece of paper and draw a fireplace and hang it there and then the stockings, I bet you could do a lovely job. Love your tree and I have some lovely ornaments that are from you guys and your Mom, they hang on my tree every year with fond memories

kelly ens said...

your tree is incredible - and so many ornaments! I so wish we had ornaments, not to mention HAND made ones - they're amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...