Thursday, December 20, 2007

Coughing leads to a visit to the Doctor...

Last night I was up several times to check on Ariel. She was fast to sleep, but continued to cough a lot. Poor little thing in the morning had a very gross looking nose. Yuck. So I decided it be good to get her checked out by her doctor, since Christmas is next week and that would make it practically impossible to see her, and I don't want to take her to someone I don't know or that knows her.

So I was very blessed to get the cancellation spot this morning and took the princess in. Well, you would think she was in heaven in the clinic. She was making friends with all the ladies there, even wanting some to read to her while sitting on their lap. I must say I think she brighten some lives up this morning and wooed everyone. That's my girl!


When we got in the doctor's office, we gave her a tin of homemade cookies. We like to do those little thing for her because she is such a lovely lady, and to actually have a family doctor these days is rare. She was tickled with the treats and then checked Ariel out. Ears clear, throat clear, chest sounded good and no fever. My little baby simply has a cold, which is what I assumed already. Actually the doctor was amazed to hear this has been only her second real bad cold.

We went on our way and stopped by Nana's to say goodbye to Uncle Bill and Grandma Jerry. Afterwards, we took Nana to a few stops and then she took us to lunch at Ricky's. However, since I wasn't planning on more than a doctor's visit, I didn't have Ariel's cup. So I booted over to Safeway to buy one for her to use with her meal. Silly mommy needs to make a dinning out emergency kit for the car. Haha.

Got home to zip down and say hi to Stella at the Quilt shop and for me to grab a last needed thread for my cross stitch project. Ariel was showing signs of being ready to nap, and so at 2pm she went to sleep...


...and I finally had to wake her at 5pm for dinner.


It was a bit rough getting up.


After some leftover chicken, we tried out her new toys. She likes the letter one...







The flashlight beam has become a new game of keep away...



Ken was out for his staff Christmas party tonight and when he got home was showing off his new little friend. Yes, he got an award for his service to the school, which was really nice. Its really heavy too, like a baby Oscar. Hee.


After her bath, Ariel strut around nude with her puppy. He makes a good cover up.


Ken brought in the new warm mist machine for her room. The doctor said it would help her nose, so we shall give it a try. It was on sale, so that made it even better. Ariel was more interested in the box.


This morning, I got up way too early and played on the computer since I couldn't sleep. Here are the 2 things I found that were cool. First off, this fun little toy... um the results aren't that much of a surprise. Haha, was there any doubt?



Secondly, this is really funny. I saw it on another blog and had to do it with our pictures! I also added Mike and Jo, so I hope they get a kick out of it. Hee. Enjoy!


Finally, to close my post, we have card from the past number three. This was our little penguin driven sleigh, hee. Can you spot the hamster? Goodnight, only 5 sleeps to go!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Glad to hear Ariel's okay, I hope she gets over her cold real soon!

Looks like you had fun on the internet, lol!

Brenda said...

Awww, poor Ariel....hopefully she'll be over that nasty cold by Christmas! Good call on bribing the doctor! Hee hee....

Anonymous said...

ahahah awesome!

hope ariel is better in time for christmas... i'm sure it won't slow her down!

jo

kelly ens said...

glad to hear ariel's ok! I think you have the same dr i had when i lived in ladner. Dr. J. R? She was fabulous - i never wanted to switch! :(
love the new toys Ariel has. I'm amazed she presses the buttons so patiently when you tell her to. Taeya would be hitting them all a half second after the previous. She's a bit ADD that way :)
I also like the flashlight - our friends have a dog and hippo one like that which Taeya loves. So cute how Ariel backs away from it :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...