Saturday, December 29, 2007

Day 2 in Renton

We are really enjoying our time away, even though Ken has to go off most of the day, its a nice change of scenery. Ken was up early and ready to go this morning, and somehow I slept through it. I was up at 6am, with Ariel, who woke up a little unsure of where she was. After a cuddle she went back to sleep, but I guess it was enough to make me tired enough to sleep through noise.

I had some cereal for breakfast, and I am sorry Ken, your 'American' Corn Pops are no good! The one positive is they aren't rough like ours, and don't take the roof off your mouth. The downside, they are like flat! Seriously, they are like deflated 'Canadian' Corn Pops. Yes, I am strange for wanting to bring up such a lame subject, but it entertains me to no end. Hee. Sorry, to my American pals who like them.

So this morning, Ariel and I went for a walk down to the Wal-Mart, as there isn't much in these parts. Besides, it has enough stuff to entertain us for a few hours. I let Ariel pick out a toy as a treat, and she got this really cute 'piggy bank' by Fisher Price. Its really cute and sings and counts.


She loves putting the money in the slot, and it has kept her entertained for long periods of time.


I got a 'teach yourself to knit' kit. Its one of my projects for 2008, as I want to learn again. I did start in elementary school, but have long forgotten. With my friend Meeka getting into it and making cute projects, I totally want to try too. You have inspired me girl!


Ken came back to join us for lunch. We both had amazing chicken burgers that had avocado in them, yummy. Ariel had some chicken strips and impressed our waitress from last night again with her eating.

Then Ken left again for the afternoon sessions and both Ariel and I took a nap. I didn't think I was that tired, but apparently I was, and fell asleep pretty fast. At 530pm I woke up to Ken coming back. Crazy. Lets see if I sleep tonight.

We decided to stay in tonight, and Ken picked up a Pizza Hut pizza. Yum. Ariel was of course in heaven. Can't beat a veggie pizza.


I love this picture, she looks so tough. 'Don't you mess with my pizza!'


Then came some coloring with Daddy...


... and a bath to get all the tomato sauce out of her hair. She wasn't impressed with the washing of the hair tonight for some reason. Hehe.


Tomorrow we are going to the church that the Hollywood Jesus event is being held at for their morning service. Should be interesting to attend another church and see what they do. Other than that, I think we will spend most of the day tomorrow together, as there isn't much happening at the Convention until Monday, which is when Ken is giving his presentation. I guess I will report tomorrow on what we decided to do. Yay!

I am off, we are gonna get an in room movie tonight, I think 'The Simpsons' since we haven't seen it yet.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Oh no!!! NOT the Simpsons! LOL Matt got that movie for Christmas - and was kind enough to wait until I was asleep to watch it. What did you think of it?

Love the piggy bank - I bought that for a gift...but am currently deciding if it will go back, or if I'll keep it for Mallory. 'Cuz you know we need more toys! :)

Brenda said...

Ooh, and I have the "I Taught Myself to Crochet" set. Someday.....

Jay said...

Lol, we didn't end up watching it, as we weren't about to pay $12 for it!!!! Good grief, thats almost the price for a theater ticket. Naw, we will rent it when we get home sometime.

Ariel loves the pig. Can't get enough of it, and I figured its a number thing, and we didn't have something that sings and counts yet.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...