Monday, December 31, 2007

Day 4 in Renton and New Years Eve in Review

Well we are closing in on the end of our trip in Renton. Frankly, I am getting ready to be in our own home again. Ariel is still enjoying the ins and outs of the hotel, although she is terrified of the soda machine. Lol. Tonight we are going to the New Years Eve movie clip wrap party (say that 5 times fast), for as long as Ariel will last that is. Hard to say if she will make it to midnight, but she did have a late nap, we shall see.


Ken gave his presentation today, and he said it went well, except for a few technical issues to do with the different projector they had there today. Oh well, wasn't something he could control and he made things work regardless. They taped it today, so I am looking forward to seeing it once we are home. Oh, while I am on this subject, Ken will be sharing a shorter version as the message at church on January 27th. So if you are around, please come check it out.

This morning, I came out of the bathroom to Ariel sitting in her stroller... I took the hint. So Ariel and I took a walk in the morning after breakfast. We stopped by the Wal-Mart again so Ariel could ride the 'Snoopy Doghouse car'. Wishing I had brought the camera because she was pretty cute until she had to get off. 'WAAHHH!'


We got back to the hotel and waited for Ken to join us for lunch. We all took a bit of a rest in the afternoon, and then Ken took off for the last few sessions in the afternoon. I fell asleep until he called to tell me he was on his way back. I sure have been tired lately. I guess because I don't have my regular projects to keep me entertained. I have been knitting, check out my progress. Whee.


We just got back from making a brief appearance at the party. It was fun to say hi to everyone, and I wish I could have been more involved but until Ariel is a bit older, its difficult. No worries, there will be plenty of these events in the years to come.


Ariel was helping Ken present our clip from Ratatouille, but she was very upset when we stopped the film to discuss the scene. Kinda cute actually, and of course our friends thought it was adorable. A film girl indeed.


Now we are back in our room and its almost midnight. I have been doing a lot of thinking about 2007 and what kind of a year its been. I think like most people, we have had highs and lows, and have grown from it all. So in a way, is it a high or low, or more so a moment that makes us stronger and teaches us more about ourselves and our faith. So I could make a list of good and bad things, but I already have. My blog has been a diary of my year, and those of you who read it have become apart of the story. I look forward to all the joy, heartache and stories to come in 2008. I hope you will too, because this is the great adventure.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...