Friday, December 14, 2007

Christmas is officially on its way!

First off, happy 16 months Ariel! I usually forget to mark these milestones since you turned one. Does that make me a bad mother? Haha, I hope not. Anyhoo, from the look you gave me when I wished you a happy 16 months, I assume you didn't really care either way, but you had just woken up too.


This week I got word that my gift in the 'secret Santa' on my mommy message board had arrived. Amy was ever so kind to let me post this picture of her little guy, Boston with our gift. Glad you liked it!


Today I kept thinking it was Saturday. Really, I don't know why but it really messed me up good. Argh. Had breakfast this morning with Dad and Rita, so they could get Ariel familiar with them again, since they are babysitting tomorrow night.

Afterwards, I stopped by Nana and Papa's for a quick visit. Ariel just learned to say 'Papa' so we had to show it off. I have been working hard to get her to say 'Grammy' but the best I get is 'gam'.

We came home, and Ariel played while I tried to clean up a bit. She then went down for a nap and I spent the afternoon stitching. I kept looking at the rain, hoping it would stop for tonight's tree lighting in the village.


Ken came home early, we had a quick dinner and headed out for a good spot. Ariel was very excited to see other kids... and dogs. The girl loves dogs!


The big truck pulled up with the singers and the party started!


We sang some songs...



Had the countdown and lit the tree...



(The story he told, in case you were wondering, was that in our town we still keep 'Christ' in Christmas! There was a big cheer from everyone.)

Back to the party. We sang as the truck left...



...and then parade started. Love those pipers.



I just love these sorts of traditions. I overheard a lady saying she has been at every single one since they started doing this 31 years ago. Wow. I really want Ariel to grow up to have community spirit, because it really special to live in a place as special as this one.

To end on a funny note, we came home to a crazy message from Julie on the phone (oh you so knew I could not let this one go). She wanted to borrow, rent or buy our cardboard sheep! I guess they are looking for some for their church Christmas eve service, and saw ours on the blog here. Too funny, haha. Ours get used this Sunday for the concert, so the sheep could very well go on tour. I am sure they would enjoy that.

3 comments:

Jill Brochard said...

I love traditions like that too! Oh and thanks for reminding me -- I need to wish Leïla a happy 16 months too today! ;)

Amy said...

OK seriously, do you have your camera in your hand all day! You are so good at documenting the whole day! It's so fun to see a picture of little Boston on someone else's blog besides my own! :) Happy 16m Ariel!

Jay said...

Lol, I have learned to just keep the camera with me or regret it later! Thanks again for letting me use the photo. I find it so cool to see the monkey somewhere else with a sweet little guy like Boston. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...