Friday, December 07, 2007

17 Days to go...

So the cookie exchange went very well. I got lots of yummy cookies, and I think they should last over the holidays. I may still make some shortbread... hmmm, yes I think so. Hee. Check out this plate, that my friends is the reason to go into a cookie exchange. Whee.


Before we left, Ariel got to put on her new mitts and hat. I love cupcakes. Hee.


In the morning I had picked up Erin and Carter, kinda fun having another kid in the back. Ariel enjoyed her friend being there and cried when he left. Awe.


We had fun visiting, eating some wonderful food made by Erin (Sienna's mom). Carter developed a new way of eating and relaxing.


We lined up the kids for a picture before leaving... maybe not the best time since they had all called it a day at that point. I think only one or two actually smiled. Hahaha, see mine sliding away. Too funny.


Came home and put Ariel to bed and tried to grab a nap myself, but they were laying to carpet in the halls and so for 3 hours straight they were banging around. Argh. At least its nice carpet. On the upside, my pretty poinsettia got delivered. I ordered what I thought was a small one, but it was HUGE. I love it, so pretty. Now, I must not kill it before Christmas.


Today was the monthly coffee party, Christmas edition. Let me just say that we were spoiled this year. So many chocolates, cookies, jam etc that we made to give one another, its such a treat. I made earrings for everyone, after learning that night at the bead making event at church. They went over very well, so that was nice.

Stella had made Ariel her own purse as her little gift that morning. Inside she had even added her own keys, photo album, plastic cards and Kleenex. Ariel loved it!


During Ariel's nap today, I finished up the doll cradle and bedding. I painted some little flowers on the head and foot boards and made up the little mattress. I then unwrapped the doll I got for it and tucked her in all ready for Christmas morning. Yay.

Tomorrow I am having breakfast with Nana, and perhaps other family, depends on who was able to come, so it shall be a surprise I am sure. Then I will go over and help set up their tree. I get to go up into the attic, so that Papa won't try and do it.

In closing, I'd like everyone to keep my friend Dianne and her family in your prayers. Her father in law had a heart attack last Saturday, and then on Thursday had triple bypass surgery. Pray for a speedy recovery and strength for the family, thank you.

3 comments:

Dianne said...

you warm my heart :)

Jill Brochard said...

I want to go to a wookie exchange!! Those looks so yummy! Ariel is so adorable with her matching hat and miitens! Does she actually keep them on?

I will keep your friend in my thoughts!

Jay said...

Yes, she does keep them on! Sometimes the hat won't stay, but if its cold, she tends to want it. Haha.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...