Sunday, December 30, 2007

Day 3 in Renton

I wanted to start off tonight's post with a picture we took last night. Ariel had decided she didn't want to sleep with her pants on... and apparently there is a reason we use bumper pads on her crib. Heheh. We had to get her limbs back inside without waking her, which wasn't too hard at that point because she was in such a deep sleep. What a silly monkey.


We also didn't watch 'The Simpson's' movie last night. We weren't about to pay $12 for an in room movie. Seriously, that's way too much. That's like the cost of seeing it at the theater. So we will rent it when we get home. Instead Ken blogged and I watched 'Troop Beverly Hills' which was on tv. Lol, I love that movie, takes me back to childhood. Hee.

Today we attended the Harambee Church here in Renton. They are the ones letting the Hollywood Jesus group use the space at their church for the convention. Last time we were here, it was a older building they were renovating. Now it was all finished and very nice and cozy. It felt very welcoming, and we were greeted by a guy holding his infant daughter. In fact, everywhere you looked there were young kids Ariel's age. It was a fun change for us, since back home Ariel is somewhat on her own in that age group. She seemed really overwhelmed too, and was full of beans.

This was the artistic graffiti in the parking lot. I really liked it, breaks the traditional feeling that sometimes comes with church.


It was a nice service, contemporary music and feel but the sermon was somewhat long winded and very textbook feeling. Though it was funny that when the pastor went off his scripted notes, he was really a great speaker. Oh well. It was still a new experience for us to take back home, as it always is visiting another church. Ariel got her groove on during the music. Sorry its hard to see, as they dim the lights.



After the service, we joined some of the Hollywood Jesus people for lunch. David (he is the one in the black hat) treated us to a great Mexican lunch.


Ariel quite enjoyed it as well.


Ken then brought Ariel and I back to the hotel so that princess could have her nap. Of course she was super hyper and was being a total nut. 'Nap, I don't need a nap!' She went down of course with little fuss.


This gave me a nice break to read and do some knitting. Yes! I said knitting! I pulled out the kit last night and got it started. Took a few tries but I eventually got it and look at this!!! I am so happy, and will turn this into a scarf for Ariel next winter.


Ken got back and we ordered room service since I felt like staying in. While we waited for it to arrive, Ken and Ariel played with the the piggy bank, which is a huge hit. Very cute.


Tomorrow is Ken's big presentation, so I need to hand over the computer so he can prepare. Can't believe tomorrow is the last day of 2007. What a year... more on that for the next post... I need to think about it. Good night!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Teehee....what a fruitcake!

Darn, now you've guilted me into dragging out my learn to crochet book. Blech....maybe when I get my ribbon mess sorted! LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...