Monday, December 03, 2007

Cookies!

Happy Monday! As fast as it came, the snow is pretty much gone! Last night after our potluck Christmas party for our life group (which was a blast as always), we came home to the beginning of the rain storm. Sadly, rain usually just makes snow a mushy mess, blah. As we tucked ourselves into bed at 1030pm and started to drift off, we were suddenly jarred with a terrible noise outside. Then Ariel started crying, most likely awoken from the noise.

Looking outside, I saw that the little bobcat was plowing the snow from our parking lots... um, yeah... that all well and good for those businesses below us, but what about all the people's homes surrounding that area. I saw several heads poking out trying to figure out what the deal was, so I wasn't alone. Ariel wasn't going to sleep now, and so we all sat awake in her room as I put her laundry away and Ken kept the princess entertained. Finally at MIDNIGHT, the bobcat had finished and moved on to the back parking lot, which was thankfully not on our bedroom side of our home anymore.

Next morning, Ken called in for a sick day, as the late night and busy schedule he has had lately caught up with him. It actually worked out perfectly for me since I wanted to go to the store and get some food and dragging Ariel out in the rain wasn't my idea of fun. It was so strange shopping without her, and I must say it was nice, but I missed her for sure.

I got invited to a cookie exchange this week by Erin (Sienna's mom) and needed to bring seven dozen cookies for Thursday. So while Ken played with Ariel, I baked all morning. I made our old traditional Cookie Monster's sugar cookies, painted of course! Mike and I use to do these for the neighbours for gift back in the day. I still do a batch every year, and they look so cute on the plate when you have guests over.


Once they were done I boxed them up and they are ready to go. Just need to write up the recipe cards for everyone now. It was a big job but I look forward to the other cookies we will be getting in return. Yum.


Ariel spent most of the day with her new friend Frosty. She just loves him. Awe.


Other news, our microwave kicked the bucket! I put something in and POOF! Dead... the is the second one since we were married. How long are these things intended to last? Either way, London Drugs had one on sale, so we bought it, but it wasn't something we really wanted to do right before Christmas. Blah.

Ok, off to bed... my little hands are tired from painting cookies.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

7 dozen cookies! WOW! They look yummy.

Marin LOVES snowmen too, she would love Ariel's frosty. :)

Jeremy said...

Oh, those cookies are beautiful!! Can't wait to try one!

Michelle said...

Hi Jay:)
those cookies are Gorgeous!!!I'm not showing her nibs them!Ariel looks adorable in her cupcake and everything else.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...