Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Boxing Day

I think it was the first year in quite awhile that I didn't drag Ken out to the sales at the stores. Hehe, I know we are hitting the outlets on our way to the convention this weekend, so no worries. Instead, we had a quite day at home. We slept in to 9am, which was late enough for princess. She wanted to get Daddy up but he kept telling her 'go to sleep' which in turn she will lay down again. Of course she knows its a game and soon was demanding we go have breakfast. We made some pancakes and listened to Ariel's new High School Musical 2 soundtrack.

The rest of the day Ken spent working on his presentation and Ariel played well while he worked and then joined me while I did some laundry. I got 2 big loads done and folded by Ariel's nap, so I got to have a little rest in the afternoon.

When Ariel got up, we headed over to Dad and Rita's for dinner. Ariel got to show off her lovely new coat from Grammy.


Also her little Paris outfit too, while riding the horse of course.


She soon discovered the chips and shrimp dip. Yum, and wanted to feed herself...


...then everyone else.


Poor Mike was a little afraid of soggy chips. That didn't stop her of course.


This was totally worth a video! Too funny!



Then she played with the marble toy with Grandpa.


Gotta love the sound it makes, so another video. Whee!



Ariel also found time to check herself out in the mirror...


...and do some rocking in her favorite chair.


Then came dinner, oh wow. That was some good prime rib.


If that wasn't enough, Dad made my favorite, coconut cream pie!!!!


Oh yeah, that's worth another picture!


Then came presents. Ariel got a new book, stuffed toy reindeer and a donation to her school fund. Ken got the Twin Peaks dvd set with another itunes card. He loves his itunes! I got a lovely new piece of pottery that matches my other pieces. I think this one will go on the kitchen table. I also got a gift card to Linens and Things, so much shopping fun to come, whee!


We packed up and came home to get princess ready for bed. She and I have a breakfast date with Kara and Stella tomorrow morning, so we need to be up bright and early. I think we also might try and go to VanDusen gardens tomorrow night if its not raining. I haven't been in years and with Ariel totally in awe of the lights, I think she would really enjoy it. Well, I may go eat that left over piece of pie Dad sent home with us, hehe. Good night!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...