Sunday, December 16, 2007

Bon Jovi Concert!!!!

First off let me say, this was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO worth the wait! They haven't been here in Vancouver for 10 years, and back then I was in college and didn't have much money for concerts. Tonight, I got to finally see them live, and the best part was that I got to share it with Ken. With all the concerts he has seen compared to me, this group wasn't one of them, so how special to share that moment. Awe.


I road the bus downtown to meet Ken after he finished teaching. He took the car in the morning, so we could drive home since it would be pretty late. We had dinner at this little bar and grill by the school. The original meal I ordered wasn't available, so I had to reorder. Blah. It was ok, just nice to be out and enjoy my meal without distractions.

We got to the show an hour early, which was good since it was sold out show and lots of people and cars everywhere. We got in and checked out the shirts, because I totally had to buy one for Ariel. Surprisingly, the sizes were really weird, and the ladies small looked like a child size! I have never seen ladies who are most likely a size 2 order an XL shirt. Either way, Ken picked out the shirt for his little rocker princess, I will take a picture tomorrow wearing it, because she is sound to sleep at the moment.

While waiting in the bathroom line, I got chatting with a girl in front of me. We were commenting on the wait time for girls vs guys and then noticed a very pregnant girl at the end of the line. She asked if I would mind if I let the girl go before us. Of course I didn't, been there, ugh. Turns out she is due in 10 days! She was very thankful, and I was really happy to see those random acts of kindness in action from a stranger. Very cool.

Opening band was Hedley, and they were ok. I only knew 2 songs that I hear on the radio. We had more fun making jokes at their expense. The lead singer was a crazy mix of Loverboy and Freddie Mercury, very scary. Plus, if he said, 'hows it going Vancouver' one more time, I was gonna scream. The guy said it about 45 times in a half hour period. Hehehe.

At 830pm our heroes take the stage... I took some video to share with you all.



Here are a few other favs...





This brief little clip shows that people wave cel phones instead of lighters these days. Wow, it was very pretty.



Now some pictures.


At one point, they showed up on the other side of the stadium, which was pretty close to us.



Near the end of the show they sang some Christmas stuff and Santa came out throwing goodies to the audience. That was pretty cool!


In the end, they played for a solid 2 and a half hours. We saw some great hits and they played some classic rock songs at the end for fun, like the 'Twist and Shout' and 'Glad all over.' It was so so crazy to see such a wide generation mix from young teens to some seniors (yes, seniors in leather pants... I will leave you with that image. Hehehe) It was a fantastic concert, and totally worth the price we paid for our tickets. A nice little Christmas treat indeed.

We managed to get home pretty fast and walked through the door just at midnight. I guess I turn back into a pumpkin now. Heh.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Oh I would be so totally jealous if I didn't have my own tickets for their April concert! I can't wait to see Ariel all dressed up rocker style! Glad it was worth it....makes me feel better about the mega-dollars we spent for tickets.

Jay said...

Oh yeah, you are gonna have a blast!!! They sounded sooooo good live and they have so many hits, you really can't go wrong. Rock on!

Jill Brochard said...

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Jeaolus!!! Thanks for sharing the videos -- they are amazing!!

SarahRachel said...

I'm SOOO jealous, too!! I love Jon Bon Jovi. So does my husband. And my mom. He's the one star that both my mom and I agree on as being beautiful. ;-) Plus he seems like such a nice guy when I see him in interviews AND he's still married to his high school sweetheart which is unheard of in that industry. It sounds like ya'll had an AMAZING time and thanks for giving us a glimpse of it! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...