Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Who let the sheep in?

Had to open with a few pictures, I LOVE this one. My little Christmas angel.


And don't mess with her during her snack!


Yesterday I had to pick up Ken's new video capture device in Richmond, and since they didn't open till 10am, decided to head to the mall to walk around a bit. We miss our walks, but its just been so yucky lately, and with Ariel just over one cold bug, and still sniffy, I didn't want to get her sicker. Especially since its our big DATE NIGHT this Saturday. Yes, its finally BON JOVI time. Whee! Plus a nice dinner out with our gift certificate we had saved up from Ariel's big radio win. Only a few more sleeps...

Anyhoo, back to the mall. I ended up picking up the new Harry Potter movie, yay and scored an awesome deal on a sweater for next winter for Ariel. Can't beat a $5 Gymboree sweater. After a nice walk around, we drove over to pick up the computer thing and came back into town.

Ariel kept saying Nana in the car, so we decided to stop over and say hi. Turns out we weren't the only ones. Marg and Stella were already over there and as I pulled in, so did Fran and Maureen (who was in briefly for her Grandma's funeral). It was nice to have a good visit and we even got some yummy soup too.

During the evening, Toby came over to paint props with Ken and I. Ariel watched from her chair. She apparently has high standards with the critiques she was dishing out.


Lots of sheep...


And a fireplace...


Toby left and Ken and I stayed up to watch Harry Potter. We missed it in the theaters because we just couldn't make time to go. So it was nice to FINALLY see it. I love these movies and books so much, and I wasn't disappointed. Yay.

Today, Ken is doing an info session after work, so its a girls night. I wanted to have a lazy day at home, and so we turned on the Christmas music and made cookies!


Yes, I have a table full of shortbread, yum. I found my mom's old recipe and they are as good as I remember.


Ariel decided to help herself...


What a monkey!


Today as also marked Ariel's discovery of a tree ornament. She is really good around the tree, but has fallen in love with the bear with the jingle bell attached. She likes to kiss him. Awe, you can't get mad at that.


She also likes the pompom reindeer. I guess he looks too much like a toy. Either way, she likes to look at them and then be on her way, so the tree remains safe.


We also had some playtime on the deck. Ariel was excited to see her car again. The girl loves her wheels!


She has been so happy today, which is nice since she had a rough night again. She has been waking up at 2am, really clingy and not wanting to go back to her crib. This usually happens around the time a tooth pops through the gum, so I brought her to our bed for awhile. I was too tired to take her back to her room like I usually do once she had finally fallen asleep, so we all stayed together. Good thing she isn't a bed hog, but I will be glad when this last molar pops out!


We have also entered the 'naked phase'. Ariel loves to take off her shirt and look at it. She is also big on undoing the diaper tabs while I change her. Oh boy.


Well, I am going to go enjoy a fresh cookie while Ariel naps. I am leaving you with a video we did a few years ago for church. They mentioned they want to reuse it this year, which is nice. I personally LOVE this song, it always makes me cry. Sniff. Its fun to see how young the kids look in this video. Ok, I am off, enjoy the show!

5 comments:

kelly ens said...

i always love the pictures of Ariel - she is SO cute.
Taeya loves watching the videos of her. The set of three (or was it 4) videos was a real hit. When Ken was asking Ariel to say all those things, Taeya joined right in :)
good to see Ariel is gently enjoying the tree and ornaments :)

Jay said...

Lol, Ariel loves watching the videos of Taeya too. She gets all giddy and claps. :) Glad we are helping each other to entertain our kids.

SarahRachel said...

Mmm...those cookies look delish! =) I can't remember if I already told you, but I loooved your Christmas card! I've showed several people and explained that it's an original created by ya'll. So impressive. Ariel is as adorable as ever. AND...I adore Harry Potter! The books, the movies, all of it! =)

Kristin said...

Ooh I love that first pic!

Brenda said...

Yes! I've been meaning to thank you for the Christmas card, too - it's adorable!

OOOOH and guess what - I have BON JOVI tickets too! Except I have to wait until April. boo.

I haven't been brave enough to decorate our tree yet. Poor naked tree.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...