Thursday, May 24, 2007

BOOM.... Again

No, not the power this time, but sadly my head. Yes my head went BOOM. Since its kinda made my day crappy, here is a happy pic of Ariel. Can you see that bottom tooth? Been trying to get a pic of it, but she is rather protective of it.

I woke up this morning ok. I had a bit of a sore head, but nothing usually food and some fresh air can't fix. I ate, and Ariel and I headed out to get the flowers we needed for the center of the cake for coffee group tomorrow. I was slowly realizing that it wasn't improving and started to head home. We stopped in the quilt shop where Stella was. While Ariel was having a great time dumping things over and crawling out the door to see the passing dogs (she is getting really fast!), I was really starting to hurt.

We left for home, and I was hoping the princess would go down for a nap so I could rest and sleep this thing off. I put Ariel in her crib and she played while I jumped in the shower. Sometimes the water helps the head. It didn't this time. I practically crawled out of the shower in pain. Everything was blurry and it hurt to open my eyes. I knew it was a migraine, as I suffer from them. Usually once every few months... but I didn't really have any during my pregnancy, so its been a long time since I have had one this bad... and it was REALLY bad.

Warning, things get a bit gross here. I tried to stand, bad idea... ended up back on the floor and was sick. Thank goodness for being in the washroom, and Ariel safe in her crib. As I sat on the floor, wrapped in a towel, the phone rang. Good thing I had brought it with me. It was Nana outside. Sometimes I am amazed at the Lords timing. Nana was able to take Ariel who was now upset and hungry for lunch.

Nana fed her and played while I sat upstairs, not getting any better. In fact I was sick several more times. I don't remember being that sick since I was pregnant (and no I am not pregnant, just in case you are wondering). Anyways, I had to get Ken home, I didn't know when this was ending and Nana doesn't have the energy to handle Ariel that long. I felt bad pulling Ken from work, but this was an emergency. I crawled to bed and fell asleep.

Ken was home by 2pm and Nana was able to go. Princess went down for a nap and Ken did some work in the office. I woke up at 4ish feeling slightly better. I was able to eat a bit but had to stay laying down for a few more hours until the pills took effect. By 7pm, I was finally feeling somewhat normal again... still have a bit of pain but I can keep on top of it.

I got my cake done, I will take pics tomorrow, looks awesome and I can't wait to see the reaction. I am getting good practice, and since I have a birthday cake idea for Ariel, any time I can try stuff, its all good. I have to give a big thanks to Nana and Ken for everything they did for me today. Heres hoping my head doesn't go BOOM anytime soon. It sucks.


allison said...

Yikes Jay! Thank God for Nana's timing! I hope you're better soon :)

missmarble said...

Ow! I get migraines, but not that bad. I hope that you don't have another one any time soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...