Friday, May 04, 2007

Goodbye Grandpa Priebe


Today started out so nice... warm sun, a nice walk and Ariel had a good length nap resulting in numerous things finally getting done. It sadly changed at about 230pm when Ken called me from work. His Grandpa had passed away suddenly in his sleep. I just broke down. I wasn't expecting that, as he was so full of life. He had come to visit during November's long weekend, and gotten to meet his first great grand-daughter! He was very blessed, as he also had a great grand-son from Ken's cousin Sara as well.

As my grief was evident, Ariel simply stared and then smiled... trying to understand why mommy was sad. She won't remember this or the time she got to spend with him, but she has some lovely photos that we can share with her. That is very special indeed. All I can keep telling myself is that he is finally back with his one love, grandma. He has missed her so much these past few years. Every month, on the day she passed, he would visit her grave. He only missed the day once, when he was away visiting family. Wow. Its really a testament of a wonderful marriage they shared.

He was a very special man, and I feel honoured to have known him. I will miss him.

God bless you Grandpa, and I know I will see you again one day.
Much love
Jay

2 comments:

SarahRachel said...

I'm so sorry, Jay. Hugs and prayers to your family.

Jeremy said...

I'm so sorry about your sad loss. He sounded like a wonderful person. We'll be praying for you guys while you go through this tough time.
Erin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...