Saturday, May 12, 2007

Busy Bee

I have been so busy the past few days and suddenly its saturday?! When did that happen? I don't remember anything about thursday... no thats wrong... its coming back. RIGHT, I had a work meeting and we had youth pastor Dan over for dinner. Meeting went well, and looking forward to the new project. On the dinner front, I made a pot of ribs, some baked potatoes, broccoli salad and a fruit cocktail cake. Yum. Best part, after sending home a huge doggie bag, there was still tons left. Yay leftovers!

Friday was nuts. Packed Ariel into the car for another craft making trip to Kathleen's. With the tea approaching this week, we had to make more of our little gift favors (since we only made 100 last time and we have doubled that number in ticket sales). This time Ariel was great, and we were done within a few hours. Yay.

Came home to rest and tried to get Ariel to nap a bit early so she would be fresh for watching the grad red carpet walk later. After a huge fight, she fell asleep, only to wake up twice, fight again, and go back to sleep. Argh. During that time I tried to get as much work done as I could. Irene came over to watch the mothers day video - since she would miss it on sunday. At that point Ariel was up and the look on her face told me not to push another nap.

We got ready to leave and walked down to the high school. It was sooooooo nice and warm. I'd like to point out at my grad, it was dumping rain. Ah memories. Anyhoo, some beautiful dresses, and classic tuxes... and a few not so traditional things... like say.... a gladiator. Had to get that one on camera. Hahah. The CPC kids were awesome! They all clean up so well. I am sure it feels pretty strange to walk a red carpet with people snapping pics left and right. A little glimpse into the celebrity life. One day we will watch Ariel do this, hee. Here is a few pictures of the event.

After that, we came home and I was so hungry that I ate my dinner early. Ken got home and had his dinner. At this point Ariel had fallen asleep in my arms, so I was able to get some work done. She didn't sleep long and was up again but Ken was able to keep her out of my hair while I worked, yay. During that time Ken got a call from his dad, and that the funeral for Grandpa was today, and it went really well. Now begins the large job of dealing with everything left behind. I remember with my Grandma, it took pretty much a year to sort everything out. We are getting sent the coo coo clock Ken loved so much and one of Grandma's stain glass pieces, so thats very special.

Finished at about 8pm and headed over to Nana's where Aunt Penny and Uncle Bill were. Had a nice visit and watched Ariel be a goof. Came home and watched a movie in bed, 'Because I said so'. I liked it, Ken didn't. Typical.

I guess that leads me to now... and I hear a little voice, so I better get going. Enjoy this video of Ariel dancing... her new love!


Jeremy & Erin said...

Such a cute video!

allison said...

That is so awesome! I love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...