Wednesday, May 14, 2008

21 Months?!

Gack! Today marks Ariel's 21st month b-day. Would have been nice to celebrate in the park, but it was another full day of rain. Blah. So we decided to make the best of it and have a fun art day at home. Look at my baby girl, looking all grown up. Sniff.


I asked her what she wanted to do first...ummmm. Oh good, she is indecisive like her mother.


While she ate her breakfast and watched the CBC kids shows, I made up some playdough. I kinda figured she might not be into it since she hates things on her hands... needless to say I was right. She did like the little knife to cut it, oh well, we will try down the road again.


Then we tried some of the paint brushes Grammy sent. She really liked those but it was hard for her to get the paint out. She needs to work on those muscles, hee.


To wrap it up we pulled out the finger paint. For some reason, she is happy with that stuff for awhile. After 3 pictures though she wanted it OFF her hands! I will take what I can get.


Look at that beautiful art!


While I cleaned up, Ariel played mommy to her dollies. She loves to carry them around and often brings a blanket to me to wrap them up in. Very sweet. She is such a caring little person.


I caught her laying on the floor reading later. I thought it was too funny.


For lunch, I pulled out the new recipe Nana gave me for a crustless quiche. I must say anything with less carbs is always welcome. Haha. It turned out sooooo yummy!


Ariel agreed! She filled her belly and headed off to bed.


During her nap, I pulled out the pattern I got yesterday to make a super easy sun dress for Ariel. I had all the fabric, so I cleared the coffee table and cut on there. I wish I had the same space to cut out my own patterns for me, but little clothes are easier. So I have 3 little dresses ready to sew. The red is a pretty maple leaf material for Canada Day. The blue is this pretty night sky that is filled with pixie dust, this will be her special travel dress for Disneyland. (4 MONTHS AND COUNTING!) I have enough material to make a matching bag for all her special surprises for the airplane. Hee. The purple is some cute Tinkerbell and fairies material I got super cheap online. I am really eager to start... maybe tomorrow!


Ken got home and after dinner we got to go for a mini walk because the rain had finally stopped! Picked up a tub to keep all Ariel's art supplies in since they have been showing up all over the house and frankly I need it to be organized for my sanity. Haha. The walk was short lived because it was the finale for ANTM tonight. Can I say how exciting it is that a full figure girl won! I was thrilled and I got Ariel cheering along with me. Woot!


Well, need to wrap this up so Ken can get back to work. Off to bed to view some movies. I am watching the Ghostbusters commentary tonight, by far one of my favs. I should do a top 10 of my fav commentaries, since I love them so much... soon... yes, I think I will. Stay tuned.

4 comments:

SarahRachel said...

Mmm...your quiche picture made me hungry! =)
Happy Birthday (ish), Ariel. Jackson's favorite word right now is "umm" too. Cracks me up.
We have those same Alphabooks and Jackson insists on reading ALL of them at once.
Ariel looks so cute with the play dough- so prissy! =)

Amy said...

Cute pony-tails Ariel! They really do make her look older! Hope you guys get some sun today! You can have some of ours- it's going to be 99 tomorrow here!

Jill Brochard said...

I always make crustless quiche -- do you know how many cal/fat is in the crust??? Plus it tastes better without it -- a win-win situation!! :)

Michelle said...

I loved the whole post Jay ;-) I can't belive that you have sewn the tinkerbell dress already!!! I'm impressed.Ariel is as adorable and sweet looking as ever..have a great sunday and monday..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...