Sunday, May 25, 2008

May Day Weekend - 2008

Happy May Days everyone! We had a wonderful weekend filled with activities, so its been busy, and thus this is a LONG post. Yesterday Ken worked so Ariel and I joined Stella on a walk down to see Nana and then through the village. It was sooooo hot and I was regretting not being in a tank top. Along the way we saw these really cute flowers growing in someones yard. I wasn't sure what they were, any idea to those with a good plant knowledge?


We stopped in one of the shops so Stella could find a new hat. Ariel enjoyed trying them on too.


By noon we had parted ways and Ariel and I came home for lunch. She played for a bit and then was in bed by the time Irene came over with the strawberries. I was helping her make some 'tux berries' for the bridal shower she was having at her home today for her niece. We made about 2 full cookie sheets, look at those handsome berries!


Of course we needed a blushing bride too to go with a groom. Berry cute, haha.


Ariel woke up at 5ish and we played on the deck while waiting for Daddy to come home. She loved the bubbles...

Peek a boo!


Ariel also took in an episode of the Muppet Show. Daddy is so proud of this video that he posted it on his blog too.



After a yummy dinner of chicken burgers, we went out for a walk. It was so warm even though the sun was gone for the day. We kept running into friends from church and chatting it up. We stopped by the grocery store and picked up some things. At Save On Foods right now they have a neat machine that spits out coupons with your card. We managed to get a great one for giant boxes of Raisin Bran. They are usually 8.99 each, but we got 2 for under $10. SWEET! We never buy it because its so pricey, so this was a real treat. Ariel was very excited and wanted to help carry the big prize. Hee.


Daddy and Ariel, awe!


This morning our church service was in the park. Several of the churches get together and its so nice to have such a huge turnout, especially when the sun is shining! Once church was over, we watched Katie go on one of the scary (in my opinion) rides. Then stopped by the petting zoo. Ariel LOVED that, she was really taken with all the animals.


Not sure why this little guy was there with a bunch of bunnies, ducks and chicks. Kinda the odd man out. Oh well, he is still cute.


Katie and Ariel really liked the bunny.


Then we ran into the creepy Seagull we see every year. Haha. Ariel wasn't interested, she wanted to go have lunch.


Got some fish and chips, yum, and found a place to watch the parade. I didn't get too burnt this year. I had sunscreen on, but I always manage to miss a spot. Sigh... Stella helped Ariel see who was coming down the road. Yay, its finally starting!



A short little slide show of some of our favorites from this year's parade!


Ariel had a ball and was really into it this year. She waved and clapped to the people, so sweet. I love this picture of her and Daddy. Too cute!


Can't beat a good view from Daddy's shoulders.


Parade came to a close and we went to grab a snack before the May Pole Dance started. Hmm, corn dog. Haha, yeah, we fed her crap food, but it was a special day. Ariel was really upset there was a stick sticking out of the middle.


Then sharing Mommy's snow cone while watching the May Pole Dance.


I took a video of part of the dance for those who might never have seen this done before. Every year a group of Brownies and Girl Guides (Canada's version of Girl Scouts) learn and do this dance before the New May Queen is crowned. I did this dance back when I was a kid, crazy eh? They did a pretty good job this year too.



Then crowning the new May Queen by last year's Queen.


Huzzah for the May Queen!


Saying a few words... I must say her speech was really funny because it sounded like a total Oscar speech. I want to thank my best friend, McDonalds for your fries... just kidding, but it was pretty close to that. Haha.


Ariel was very happy for the new Queen... except I must say she had that look in her eyes that said I am so gonna take that crown when I am old enough. Hee.


By that time Ariel was ready for a nap and we walked home to rest. Ken went out again to distribute more posters for the animation festival and I am having a nice rest here on the computer. Well, I better start thinking about dinner... not that I am that hungry, the fair food has got me pretty full still. I guess I better go put some aloe on my burn, yay for summer! Oooh, Ken just walked in with our tickets to SATC for this Friday!!!!! YAY! Double yay for being free with an Airmiles coupon! Ok, thats all folks... or at least till I do something interesting this week.

7 comments:

Jill Brochard said...

Those strawberries look so awsome!! What cute idea -- though I doubt I would have the patience to make them ;)
Ariel looks like she had a ball!

Tera said...

I second that on the strawberries...yummy! Looks like you had awesome weather for all of the festivities. If it makes you feel better, I let my kids eat "crap food" a lot. :) I sneak in the healthy, organics, but we still eat our fair share of corn dogs and chicken nuggets!

Anonymous said...

goodness those strawberries look AMAZING!! I love the May Day pictures...we always celebrated it, but I've never met anyone else who has.

Amy said...

Those are the biggest boxes of Raisin Bran I have ever seen! And, yes, those strawberries look delish!! (why is my whole post about the food?) LOL

missmarble said...

I third, fourth and fifth on the strawberries. Yummy!

I am trying to find out what flowers they are. So far, no good. I'm going to the greenhouse on Thursday...

If you find out before me, please post what the heck they are because I want some!

Jay said...

Thanks girls for your lovely comments!

Ken's mom emailed me yesterday saying the flowers were 'anenomes'

Michelle said...

Jay the strawberries look amazing!!! It's good that you and Ken have introduced Ariel to the Muppets that's extremely important..She looks adorable in her hula girl clothes of course ;-)have a great day...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...