Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Television Star!

Well she isn't ready for an agent yet, but still our little girl was on the tv tonight! Her little swim class video appeared on the local cable channel just after dinner and will be running all month long. I ended up calling the station yesterday to find out what show it would be running on. The particular episode was all about activities for kids under 3 in our area. I actually saw some great things that I might look into for Ariel.

It was fun to see her swimming around, and Ariel kept yelling 'pool' while watching it. Since the kids had on their PFDs for most of the shoot, of course the camera people left after they were out of them, it was hard to pick her out. Ken was kind enough to add some titles so you can spot her a bit better. Enjoy!



Today was a miserable and rainy day. Yuck! Stella, Ariel and I had a date with the fabric store this morning. Yay. I found some AWESOME material to makes so super cool dresses for summer. I had seen these really pretty dresses at Old Navy made from this silky scarf like material, however, you had to be very small chested to wear them. I am sorry, little triangles on anyone bigger than an 'A cup' is just a bad idea, at least to me. Haha. Anyhoo, so when I found a similar material this morning I was sooooooo excited. Found a cute retro styled pattern and since I couldn't pick, I got enough material for 2 dresses.


Then I found a really cute pattern for a basic sun dress and some super cute surfboard material.


Afterwards we picked out lots of nice fabric for the quilts that Stella is making for Nana and Papa's beds when they go out to the new place. I can't wait to see them, such beautiful colors.

We grabbed a quick lunch at the mall and stopped in Gymbo so I could grab some cheap tanks and shorts for Ariel. $8 each and I had a %20 off coupon, score. Will be great for our trip to Yellowstone! Speaking of which, we thought it be fun while we go through Washington to stop at the various places they filmed Twin Peaks at. Haha. Yep, we are dorks and proud of it. Ken's dvd set had all the addresses on the map so it will be easy to find them.

Ok, I am pretty sleepy, so early to bed. Hoping for sun tomorrow... if not, guess we may have to find something to do inside. Perhaps its time to make some playdough.... what do you think Ariel?

6 comments:

Huse Yo Mama said...

Hey girl...just wanted to let you know that I've been slacking on the comments, but that I read your blog every time you update!

Y'all are such a cute family!!! Ariel is a STAR!!! I love it!

And, I can't wait to see the finished dresses!

Kristin said...

That fabric is really cool!

Ariel got some great "face time" on tv, how fun!

Tera said...

What a super star! :) Love the fabrics you picked out, especially the black/gray print.

Dianne said...

cute patterns!

That's going to be great fun, checking out all the Twin Peaks houses. Honestly though? I'd find them a little creepy. That show is largely responsible for the fact that I still dislike being alone in our house.

"Fire walk with me." Eek!!!

Jill Brochard said...

So cute!! What a brave jumper/swimmer!

allison said...

Go Ariel!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...