Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day and a Bloody Mess

This weekend marked another first for Ariel... her first bleeding nose. (Please note there is a picture of her bed with some blood, I took one in case we had to show the dr or something the amount she bled.) Ugh. At 4am Saturday morning, Ariel had woken up and was crying. Ken went to get her only to call to have me come to her room. Sure enough our little princess was a bloody mess. Poor thing wasn't really even awake or knew what was happening. I snuggled her as I tried to wipe off her face. It wasn't till I nursed her that she settled and then was all smiles and back to her normal self.

I ended up calling the 24 hour nurse line to check and see if it was unnecessary to take her in somewhere or not. After going through a list of questions, she deemed it not worth taking her to see her doctor unless it happened a few more times in the coming days. Most likely it was dryness that caused it or a random finger up her nose... I am thinking the later.

We cleaned her up, changed her pjs and tucked her into our bed with the humidifier running. Daddy then stayed with her and went back to sleep since he had to teach in a few hours. I ended up staying up another hour to strip her bedding and hand wash it in the sink so it wouldn't stain. I also had to wash poor teddy that looked like he hadn't survived the war.


After all was said and done, I was back in bed at 6am, only to fall asleep and be reawakened by Ken's 630am alarm. Boo. Oh well. I managed a nap in the afternoon. Ariel was fine the rest of the day and hasn't shown signs of having another nose bleed. Either way, I have been running the humidifier since then, hoping that helps. My poor baby girl. No fun, and pretty gross... blah.

While making our burgers for dinner, Ariel discovered her liking of the fake slices of cheese. I ONLY use them for burgers, but she seemed to think they were just as good as the regular cheese. She kept coming back and stealing them from the counter.

I took this one from the kitchen. She is trying to eat the evidence.


Nope, no cheese here.


Caught this cute one of her and Daddy after dinner. Awe.


Today was Mother's Day... my second. Whee. Its strange to think this day use to be so painful, and yet now its one of joy. I mentioned to Ken how happy I felt this year. It was such a wonderful feeling.

I got some breakfast in bed this morning. My usual Sunday routine of cereal and fruit. Yum. Then I got my uber cool card! It was a flip book made by Ken. Here is a little movie of the animation.



We headed to church and had a wonderful service. We had to go early since Ken had a meeting in regards to the animation festival he is organizing in early June. During that time, Ariel got really into the water fountain. Hehe. I can't get over how much she has grown lately.


After the service they had the richest chocolate cake, oooh it was good. Ariel is still talking about it. Cake, cake? I was also covered in chocolate after that thanks to her. Its all part of the job. Hee.

In the afternoon we got take out from the Boot for lunch. I wasn't in the mood to brave the crowds for eating out. Nor was Ariel, and she ate a quick sandwich and went to bed. Have to show you the beautiful necklace I got from Ken and Ariel. Very pretty, thank you so much!


We talked to Ken's mom in the afternoon and we now can announce we have booked our trip to Yellowstone Park for August. Woot. I am very excited and look forward to this little family adventure together with them. Will be posting details soon, so stay tuned.

In the evening we went to Dad and Rita's for dinner. They had a yummy steak dinner for us all, sooooooo good. Plus my favorite coconut cream pie for dessert. Talk about being spoiled. Hee. I made a warm artichoke heart dip... and there wasn't any left to bring home afterwards. Ariel was quite enjoying the chips and dip, and always looking for someone to help her get some. In this case, Aunty Jo was her second in command.


After dinner Ariel did some fancy footwork to the music stations on the digital cable. Sadly when it was time to go there were many tears. She was having lots of fun, poor girl. Breaks your heart when she cries that hard. Once she was home and bathed, she was asleep in minutes, so she was most likely tired.

Well Ken is wanting to blog tonight as well, so time to call it a day. Will leave you with Ariel and I, Mother's Day 2008.

8 comments:

Kristin said...

Happy Mother's Day to you!

My hubby and I think your Mother's Day card is very cool!

I am glad that nothing more has come of Ariel's nose bleed. That would be scary to wake up to. :(

Dianne said...

love the card! :D

missmarble said...

Wow - that is the COOLEST Mother's Day card! Happy Mother's Day Jay.

Amy said...

Pretty necklace! Pretty mommy and daughter too :)

Kim said...

Awesome card!!

Megan said...

Nice card! What a talented hubby!
Happy Mother's Day :)

Tera said...

Your card is so cool! I'm glad it was a joyful day for you.

Jill Brochard said...

Happy belated mother's day (I have an excuse -- ours isn't until next weekend ) Love the picture of the two of you together. The necklace is beautifl!! Lucky momma!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...