Saturday, May 17, 2008

Feeling Hot Hot Hot!

Ok, we seriously went from end of winter / early spring weather to UBER SUMMER overnight. Gack, talk about a shock to the system. It was insainly hot today and I found myself in shorts and a tank top. Really glad I got those tanks last week for Ariel. She is totally needing them now. Here she is modeling her blue top and striped shorts. CUTE!


So its been pretty mellow around here. Nothing blog worthy really, unless you call booking our car to get repairs exciting. We were going to get it in awhile ago, but I needed to wait and see if we were in fact going to do our road trip this summer, hence was something worth fixing now or waiting on. Needless to say we are going to do it now to avoid something bad happening on our trip. Wouldn't that be lovely. Haha.

Here is Ariel on Thursday coming out to see the sun. What is that thing in the sky mommy? She kept saying pool that day, I dont blame her. I might have to pull out her pool for the deck to keep us cool.


She loves watching the kids play ball. She kept calling to them... HI!


We went to Ariel's swim class on Friday only to find out we had to be in the cold pool due to someone's kid throwing up in our regular pool. Lovely! They had to clean the whole thing out, yuck. The big pool was ok, but Ariel got cold and didn't want to do anything except cling to me by the end of it. Poor girl. Her teacher felt bad since the other kids were feeling the same way. Oh well, next week will be better.

Ken has been busy working on his online course writing and organizing the animation festival that is happening at our church the first Saturday in June. If your in the area, check out Ken's blog for the poster for more info. I have been sewing up a storm again. The tinkerbell outfit is finished being beaded, so I will take pictures soon of the finished product. Almost finished the Cinderella one, and I got 2 of the sun dresses done. Did the purple one first as a test, and it was fine, just a bit big on her. So when I did the next one, I took in the sides more and it was perfect. I need to finish the hem and will post a picture. For now, here is the first one, which is big. Hee.


Tonight we were invited to Mike and Jo's for a BBQ with the whole family. It was a lot of fun and Ariel was totally pumped to see Molly.


Mike the grill master.


Ariel's favorite event of the night, running in and out the door. We kept waiting for her to fall on her face since its kinda a big drop for a little girl. Whoever was at the door was on duty to grab her. She also made quick work of the dip and chips... and freaked Jamie and Dave out with her double dipping. Haha.


Aunty Jo loves her nieces. Awe.


When we had arrived tonight I realized I had dropped my coat somewhere between our building and our car when leaving. I must say I was a little bummed but didn't let it ruin our night. Happily we came home to find it hanging on the outside door, someone had found it. How nice, and made my evening. Yay!

Tomorrow we have church in the morning then Ken and I are going on a date to see the new Narnia movie. Dad and Rita are taking Ariel, so that will be nice. I am looking forward to the air conditioning. Ahhhh. Then Ken is off on Monday for Victoria Day, but apparently the rain is coming, so it might be a good day for some lazy family time, laundry and Ken to write his course. Maybe even some waffles.... yummy.

4 comments:

Tera said...

I wanted to get the same tank/shorts set but they were out of Brynna's size. :( You are making me want to drag out my sewing machine for some cute summer dresses! BTW, I was excited to see Whitney win ANTM too. Do you watch So You Think you Can Dance? I bet Ariel would love it. The new season starts on Thursday and I already have the DVR set up to record it! Hope you enjoyed your date today!

Amy said...

YAY for sunshine!!! I am glad the rain went away for a while- enjoy your waffles and DH being off tomorrow!

Jill Brochard said...

We also went from end of winter to summer weather and this week it went back to winter :( Ariel is as cute as ever! And good job on your sewing projects -- can't wait to see the final results!

Anonymous said...

Ariel looks so cute...she is just a little doll!! Hope you had a fantastic weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...