Friday, May 23, 2008

Full Friday

Today we had a full morning of events. It started with breakfast with Dad and Rita. Ariel was happy to see them and was eager to order. Did I mention her new favorite word to say is 'food'?


We had a nice time but things ended with a bit of an accident, nothing major but Ariel is sporting a big purple bruise and cut on the inside of her bottom lip. I think she somehow hit her chin on the chair and her teeth cut into her lip. A bit of blood, some tears and mommy singing the theme to the Muppet show to get her to stop crying wrapped up the event. Ariel doesn't seem to concerned about it, although she pokes her lip every so often, perhaps it feels funny being all swollen. Our plan is to tell people she is doing her Angelina Jolie impersonation.


After breakfast we took a small walk around to work off breakfast. It left us enough time to go home and grab the things we needed for the potluck and swimming class. Ariel was ready for the pool and kept repeating it in the car. The night before she was talking about the pool and found her swim suit that I packed in our bag and tried to put it on herself. Haha.


We dropped off our food at Stella's so she could cook it in her oven while we were swimming. Class went well and Ariel showed her ability to jump off the side wearing her PFD and me not catch her. At first she was a bit scared but once she did it a few times and got use to the floating feeling she was fine. When teacher asked if she jump to him she said no and proceeded to jump to me. Haha, sorry, but I am the mommy.

We got cleaned up and headed to Stella and joined in the coffee party's potluck lunch. It was so yummy and I filled up so much that I skipped dinner because I am still stuffed. Sooooooooo good. Ariel spent a good portion of the time on Lala's lap eating her food or playing.


Except when she was eating her yummy cake made by Nana.


Came home late afternoon and princess went down for a nap. I spent the rest of the afternoon sewing and I want to share a last minute addition to my little sun dress collection. I had to make a little 4th of July one when I found this red and white material the other day. It was too perfect and I had enough scraps at home for the top and white band. I even added some sparkles for fun. I just need to do the hem along the bottom, then perhaps the model will try it on.


Ken is off tonight with my brother Mike seeing Indiana Jones. Guys night. Woot. I spent the evening going for a nice quiet walk around town. The May Days fair got started tonight and it was swamped with people. Sunday we will go check things out since we will be out there already for our church service. I always enjoy all the local churches doing this service at the park, its neat working together.

Ariel was very cozy in her stroller with her care bear and water. She just got a new cup that looks a lot like a coffee travel mug, hee. Some lady passed her and commented that she had the best seat in town.

The new cup has become a fast favorite. Its hard to get it from her. She loves it because it holds twice as much water, especially good for those long walks we take.


I am happy to announce I am holding my Spamalot tickets in my hand today! I got pre-sale tickets since I signed up for Broadway Canada newsletters, sweet! So Dad and Rita are going to join us in July, should be fun. I am also excited that Stella agreed to babysit next Friday for us so we can go see Sex and the City the Movie!!! I will be getting our tickets online tomorrow, whee. I am sooooooooo excited. 2 dates with my hubby in a month? Thats crazy!

Well my daughter is whining that its bath time, so I guess I shall say good night! Happy May Days!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE the pigtails! hehehe

Amy said...

Sorry about the ow-wee! I sing Boston Wow Wow Wubbzy songs when he gets hurt- sometimes I think he is actually watching it in his head as I am singing it! LOL Silly kids!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...