Friday, May 09, 2008

Friday With Friends

Well it is finally Friday again. Apparently its Mother's Day weekend... something perhaps I should have remembered. Haha. We are booked to go over to Dad and Rita's place for dinner, so that will be nice.

Ariel woke up at 5am and slept the rest of the night with us. I think she knew Daddy was home. When she woke up finally she was asking where he was. Sorry hon, he already left for work. Gotta be up early to catch him, so perhaps that was her plan for the early wake up. Hoping she doesn't do that again tonight... I was enjoying my full night of sleep.


Today was a bit of an odd day. We had our swimming class in the morning as usual, but today we had to walk home. Ken was bringing home our old animation pal Meeka and her boyfriend Ren for dinner. They are in town on a little surprise vacation trip, Meeka surprised Ren for his birthday. Anyhoo, the plan was for me to leave the car at the bus loop after swim class and walk home, and then they would get off the bus and drive back to our place.

So Ariel and I went to class... the pool was TOTALLY empty today. It was grad Friday, and I tell ya the whole town shuts down it seems, but more on that later. Class was great, Ariel is improving on her back floats. She was happy to see her teacher back today, apparently he had food poisoning which is why we had a sub last week. Yuck, been there, not fun.

After class we went to the car and got out the small stroller. Ariel was pretty hungry so we stopped at McDonalds before walking back into town (Its about a 20 minute walk from the pool). She was pretty excited about her chicken nuggets, since she hasn't had any since Mommy kicked the fast food back in January. She most likely won't see them again until next year, haha. I got a chicken burger to tide me over but it made me sick. I guess that tells you something eh?

It was a nice walk and it was good to see how the little stroller did since it will be the official Disney stroller. The one wheel needs so oil because its squeaking, but that is fixable. We walked by the hair salon and saw lots of girls getting fancy hair dos. I was kinda sad, this was the first year in a very long time that I wouldn't make it to the high school to watch the grads. Oh well, next year I guess. I think I only knew one student this year anyways... one that I remember fondly when he was born. Gack, feeling old. Eep.

Before going home we stopped at the post office. There was a parcel from Ken's mom for us. Yay. Inside was my birthday present, a pretty necklace and bracelet. Will get a shot wearing them this weekend to post later. Ariel also got a little treat from Grammy, a copy of Horton Hatches the Egg and a Horton stuffie. Needless to say she was very pleased!

I heart Horton!


Check out my cool Happy Meal toy. Go Speed Racer!


While Ariel slept, I spent the afternoon cleaning up and preparing dinner for our guests. It was around that time that Ken called to say Meeka had rented a car and they would be driving home... basically meaning I didn't have to walk all the way home from the loop. Oh well, it was a nice walk, but it would have meant we didn't have to eat the nasty fast food lunch that made me sick. At least Ariel liked it, the girl loves her nuggets.

A little after 6pm the troops arrived and we had a yummy dinner of Salsa chicken, strawberry spinach salad, rice and cupcakes for dessert. Ariel ate all the strawberries out of the salad, some chicken and half a cupcake. She has been talking about cupcakes all week and I think she was excited to finally get one.

Meeka brought Ariel a little gift that she made. Isn't it super cute, she sells them on Esty, check out her site here if you want one of your own to love!


It was great to finally meet Ren, and we had a wonderful time catching up and chatting. I wish she didn't live so far away, but I guess that means we will have to go visit them now on the other side of Canada. Hee.


Well, Ken is back to teaching Saturdays again, starting tomorrow. Gonna miss having him around, so I guess we will have to find something to fill the day with until he gets home. We were planning to go to the concert at the church tomorrow evening, but if my migraine continues to linger, that doesn't seem likely. Perhaps a quiet night at home is better anyways, I think Ken has some writing to catch up on anyways.

Hope everyone has a nice Mother's Day and a fun weekend. Bye!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great Mother's Day!

Ariel looks adorable!!

Amy said...

Nice! I love having visitors! I love the pic of Ariel sleeping with her toosh in the air!

Michelle said...

Happy Mother's Day ! I'm hoping the day is lovely for you..Ariel as always looks adorable but I don't have to tell you that!

Tera said...

Wow, no fast food since Jan.?! We probably eat it once or twice a week...I need to work on that. Love the picture of Ariel with her toosh in the air! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...