Sunday, May 04, 2008

Birthday Week Coming to an End

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments. I had a wonderful birthday, and it pretty much finished today with lunch at Nana with the family. Actually I have a gift in the mail coming from Ken's family, so I guess I still have some fun left, hee.

Saturday morning it was dumping rain, but I didn't care, I was going to the spa!!! It was pure heaven, and I felt like butter afterwards. It was a total body massage for 90 minutes. I must say my hubby did well on this gift, fantastic!

This morning was church, and a very awesome sermon from our 'temp' pastor, who is filling in for our regular one while he is on sabbatical. Lunch after church today was nice and it was great to have everyone there, including Uncle Bill and Aunt Penny who had come into town this weekend. Nana made up a yummy cake, and it was way too good. So good that all the leftovers stayed at her house, haha.

Ariel helped me blow out my candles...


...sort of. She wasn't really into it, but loved looking at them.


She was into eating the cake... big surprise eh?


Then I got a gift card to Old Navy from Mike and Jo, woot! Summer clothes here I come! Dad and Rita got me a very cool Disney bag, loved the design on the letters, a cute beach towel that will be handy with swimming classes and super cool Mickey ears scrapbook scissors! Perfect when I scrapbook a memory book for Ariel. I also got some American cash for our trip, nice! Thanks so much.


The main reason for Bill and Penny's visit this weekend was to start the cleaning process of the house. As Nana and Papa prepare for their new place, everything that won't be going with them has to be sorted and either donated or given away to family. I was very honored to be able to get some of Aunt Gertrude's things, including her silver flatware set. Very beautiful and I can't wait to use them for a fancy dinner. Penny researched it and its from Birks and the pattern is Saxon. If you want to go see what it looks like, check it out on the website. Its very simple and pretty, I love it! Thank you Nana!

Ariel was happy to see Grandpa back in town!


Other news, as we were leaving church we saw someone we hadn't seen in awhile. We drove past and waved and she shouted back 'CONGRATS!' Well we pulled over as I was like, congrats on what? She was like your expecting right? Um, nope. Oops. Then Ken shared he had the same moment inside and forgot to tell me. Apparently I may have said something here that may have sounded like I was indeed expecting. For the record, nope, no baby yet! I wouldn't be surprised at the confusion since it seems EVERYONE I know is pregnant. So then at lunch I made the announcement that I wasn't expecting and needless to say it was a good laugh.

Tonight Ken, Ariel and I went for a nice walk after dinner. Ken is taking off again this week for some out of town stuff, so it was nice to spend some time together before he up and leaves again.

When we got home, he was putting on a little fun puppet show for Ariel using his Muppet records (yes records, you remember those right?). Enjoy!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

What a super cute video!
Love it. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...