Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Knights of the Round Table

I am soooooooooooooooooo excited right now! I was just talking to Ken (who is in Calgary tonight) and he was telling me how the theater production of Spamalot was coming there. At first I was totally jealous, Vancouver ALWAYS gets left out of the good shows theater wise. However, to my surprise once looking online.... IT IS COMING HERE THIS SUMMER! WOOT! The tickets go on sale in a couple of weeks. Eek, I am happy, whee.

Last night I rented a movie, 27 Dresses. It was very cute and I enjoyed it, especially since I knew it wasn't something Ken would have been dying to see. However I enjoy a good wedding movie, what girl doesn't?

This morning I woke up to realize that Ariel had slept all night again, always a nice treat. So when 9am rolled around, I got up to see if she was awake. Indeed she was! In fact she was taking in some morning reading time. She pulls books off the shelf from her crib and reads until I come get her in the morning... that is when she isn't sleeping in herself. What a cutie!
CHEESE!

Hmmm, what will I do today?


A little video of Ariel and her friends getting out of bed.



Once Ariel was out of bed she was quickly into her chair for some more reading with her bears. It gave me a chance to get dressed, so that was nice.


We then had a somewhat lazy morning until we ran out to do some quick mailings at the post office. Of course we ran in to friends of Nana's outside the coffee shop so we chatted with them for a bit. Got the 'when is baby number 2 coming' question. Actually the funny thing is that I got that from the post office girl too. Wow, I guess when your child gets close to age 2 everyone starts in again with these comments. I am trying to decide if these comments are worse than the 'when are you gonna have kids' questions. Or from what I am told is then followed with the 'your having ANOTHER baby' when you decide to have 3 or more. Then I read all about my friend Dianne and all the comments she gets when going through the process of adoption. So I guess no one is safe. Perhaps this is why dogs and cats are becoming the new 'kids'.

Anyhoo, we decided to stop at the consignment shop since I wanted to ask when the drop off date was for summer clothes. While there Ariel found 2 new peg puzzles, one of shapes and the other of numbers. Both were the really nice 'Doug and Melissa' brand, so it was a great find. We came home right away to play with them.


I got sushi for lunch today as a treat, and Ariel decided she was going to actually try a California roll. Last time she chickened out, so when she stood there with her mouth open I knew she was ready to go for it. Not really to my surprise, she happily chowed it down, and then sat waiting for more. She helped me finish them all up and happily proclaimed 'all gone!'

During Ariel's nap time, I spent it reading my new Disneyland planning guide I ordered via amazon. We needed an updated book since the last one we had was for our trip in 2002, and frankly I love to plan and be prepared. Hee. Lots of helpful things, so no doubt expect some notes in the coming weeks as I continue to read and get ideas. Its great to find out where all the baby changing rooms are, and nice places for kids to run off some steam in the park. Just in case you thought my idea of planning was 'scheduling'. Haha, I have only been a parent for almost 2 years, but I am not that stupid anymore. My ways of planning have changed, so I think the only thing I may schedule ahead of time is booking the special meals with the characters, since then we won't have to wait as long for a table. As you know when its time to eat with Ariel, she wants to eat now.

When Ariel woke up, we headed out to return the dvd to the video store, and went to see if the diapers at Safeway had come in... no such luck. Doh! I did manage to find some new sneakers at the shoe store and they even had little rhinestone accents on them. Haha, my new bling shoes as I told Ken. My other sneakers where falling apart, all that walking we do. Here is the pic from the website since I am too lazy to go take a picture of them at the moment.

Ken is coming home tomorrow, yay! I am glad it was just a short trip and there will be no more traveling for quite awhile. In fact he is back to teaching Saturdays starting soon too, so he is going to be busy until things start to wrap up in the summer. Hence our getaway in September, we are going to need it by then!

Well, I am off to bed. Big day at the mall tomorrow. Gymbo circle of friends sale is happening, so we shall see if we find anything cute. Otherwise it will be spending my gift card from Mikey and Jo on new things for me. So, Jay and Ariel signing off. We will see you tomorrow Daddy!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Aww lovely post Jay :) maybe see you at the gymbo cof rm mall.take care.

Tera said...

We found the same shapes puzzle at a yard sale! Love a good deal! Maybe find something cute at gymbo?! I'm sure you will, especially since there is a new line out. Happy Shopping.

Dianne said...

wah ha ha... no one is safe from unwanted questions!

Spamalot is coming to Calgary??? YAY! Did Ken say when? I was sad it wasn't one of the ones we saw in London, but now life is good again!

That's so cool that Ariel likes to read in bed :)

Kristin said...

people are funny about the questions they ask regarding kids.

We love "Melissa and Doug" toy too. :)

Kristie said...

You will absolutely love Spamalot. We saw it in NYC with the original cast back in 2005 (David Hyde Pierce, Tim Curry, Hank Azaria). Saw it again last summer and loved it just as much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...