Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Best Things In Life Are Free...

... too bad cars don't fall into that category. Blah. The past few days our car has been at the car doctors as I call it for Ariel's sake. She misses volvo, its really cute. Hee. Anyways, it would have been finished yesterday but the part that got shipped to them actually had the wrong part in the box. Totally weird, but not their fault. So today it was finished... kinda. We will have to take it back prior to our road trip in August to finish up the last few things on the 'priority' list. I am really thankful for buying the 'club card' at my last visit, as it saved me nearly $100 off the total. Needless to say it was still a high bill. Volvo parts aren't cheap, but its a good car and worth it... at least I kept telling myself that.

Not much else has been happening since the weekend. Its been lovely weather so we have been getting out and about for long walks and visits to the park. During nap time I have been sewing and trying to finish up all my projects that I have had going for awhile. I finished the remaining sun dresses. Here is the Canada Day one (covered in maple leaves if you can't make them out).


My personal fav, the Disney travel dress. I plan on making the matching bag tomorrow, which will be her treat for the plane. I have been picking up fun little surprises whenever I find something on sale that might be good. Have some drawing things, a few books and some fun snacks.


Tomorrow I hope to finish the Cinderella dress, just doing the beading along the bottom. Its so pretty and I can't wait to see her wear it on our trip. Eek!

Today we did some brief shopping for water shoes. I have been on the look out for a pair for Ariel for a few weeks and finally London Drugs had some out! They are really cute and will be perfect for when we go to the water park and such. She was pretty excited about them, but then the girl loves her shoes.


While at the store, Ariel was greeting everyone who walked by her with a big 'HI!' It got many laughs and smiles from people. Thats my little social butterfly. Then she said hi to this girl, a month younger than her that walked by with her mom. I got talking with the mom when I complemented her daughter who was wearing a pretty pink bike helmet. She then said it was her 'walking' protection since she is a not so swift on her feet. Ah... ok... sure. To each their own I guess. Is this a common thing? Its new to me.

Afterwards we went to the park and had a wonderful time. Ariel was off and running, she was so happy to be there.


Hurry up Mommy!


Oooh, ducks!


My favorite picture from today.


Ariel is the master of the slide and was happily showing off her skill for a 14 month old gal who didn't want to leave her stroller. In fact, when her Grandma tried to get her to go on slide too, she screamed. Poor thing, not into it yet I guess.


I love her face here, she is glowing. Ariel just loves it here.


Today I was lucky to get her to leave without crying. She seemed tired and ready for lunch, so simply mentioning cheese was enough to get her to go. But before we left, she had to get me a flower, awe. Thanks baby!


At dinner tonight we had the most delicious corn on the cob. Gosh, it was so sweet and perfect. Yummy! Ariel wasn't too sure at first...


HEY! I LOVE CORN!


Want some?


We just got back from our post dinner walk and Ariel and Daddy are watching the Muppet Show. She just loves the theme song and cheers and claps. Its so sweet, and Daddy is oh so proud. Not much planned for tomorrow, except to visit Stella at the quilt shop in the morning and drop off some fliers for the animation festival. Friday is swimming lessons and then a potluck lunch with our coffee group. Until then, go out and get some corn... tell them Ariel sent ya.

6 comments:

Jill Brochard said...

Yumm Corn on the cob!! We can't get that here and I miss it so much! Can you believe Leïla has never played on a playground -- guess it is because she walked so late and since she started walking we just haven't had the opportunity. I need to add that to my to do list!

Tera said...

Oh, I love the picture of her picking flowers too! Sooo sweet!

Amy said...

That corn looks yummy!!! I can't wait to see her Cinderella dress all done!

kelly ens said...

cute, cute, cute! (Pictures, dresses, shoes, Ariel)

Anonymous said...

Great dresses!! You are so talented! Ariel is such a little doll!!

Kristin said...

Love the pics at the park, your fav is my fav too. :)

Yum Corn!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...