Monday, May 19, 2008

That Darn Cat

Happy Victoria Day to my fellow Canadians! Hope you had a wonderful long weekend... to my American pals, you have your turn coming up soon too. Hee.

Well, you maybe wondering about the title of the post. Last night around midnight I was still half awake watching a Dirty Dancing commentary on DVD. Its almost full moon and like clock work, I can't sleep. Doh. Anyhoo, I was finally falling asleep when I heard a loud meowing.... I was sure there wasn't a cat in the movie, but I tried to forget about it and sleep. Then I heard a few loud thumps and then Ariel cry.

I sprung out of bed and ran into her room. She was still laying in her bed but crying with her eyes closed. So something scared her and yet didn't fully wake her up. I carried her to our bed and left her there so I could investigate. Then the meowing started again. I looked out her window to see the world's fattest white cat... and he was MAD! He kept jumping at her window like he wanted me to let him in. (I didn't take his picture, but here is a pretty close artistic rendering, lol!)


I swatted my arms as if to say move it or else kitty. I love animals but freaking out my kid is not cool, especially at midnight. Needless to say, the cat wasn't going for it. He continued to jump and meow. If anyone has been to our place, they know you have to be buzzed in, so I couldn't figure out how this cat had gotten in to begin with, especially since there is a no pets policy. Thankfully my lovely neighbors were getting tired of Mr Kitty meowing outside their bedroom window too and went out to remove him to the outside. Of course Ken slept through it all, haha.

We had a really nice weekend, very hot too. Like I mentioned in the last post, we got instant summer this weekend. It was amazing and soooooooo nice. After our fun time at Mike and Jo's place, we had planned a quieter Sunday. We went to church in the morning, Ariel sported her cute sail boat dress. Too cute!


Shortly before noon, we ducked out a bit early so we could drop the princess off with Dad and Rita. Ken and I had a date to see the new Narnia movie. Its always an event for us to go to the movies, since we never go. I had ordered our free tickets via airmiles and we were all set. Ariel wasn't sad to see us go either, so thats always a nice plus. (I think it was the big toy room under the stairs that made it that much easier... haha)


The movie was FANTASTIC! I really enjoyed it and it was fun to get out alone. After the 2.5 hr movie, yes its a long one, we ran into none other than Mike and Jo on the steps outside. They were waiting for the nieces, as they were taking them to the same movie. How funny is that! Chatted with them for a bit then as they went off to see the movie, we headed home.


Arriving back at Dad and Rita's house, we saw the stroller was gone and figured they went to the park. We found them walking back with a sleeping princess. Awe. We let her sleep till dinner and then had to wake her up.


Dinner was yummy chicken burgers and some ice cream sandwiches for dessert. Ariel really liked that... although she would lick it and wouldn't bite it. (Those are paint samples behind them, just in case you thought the house was camouflaged.)


Then Ariel spent a long time running in circles though the house with various toys. She is going to love track running when she gets to school. Hee. First is started with one of my old toys, Snoopy.





Then it continued on with the large exercise ball. It was a good workout and she worked off that ice cream dessert.





Ariel completed her evening with some flying with Daddy. She was laughing soooo hard.


Came home for bath and bed. I stayed up watching the Sex and the City cast on Oprah, finally getting around to remembering to watch it. I can't wait for that one to hit the theater. Wow, we are going to the movies twice in one month! Insane!!!!!! Hehe.

Today we woke up to very overcast weather. The rain was coming, so we ducked out for a quick walk down to the store and back. Of course on the way back the rain started, but it nice and light, very refreshing. Ahhh. We did a few loads of laundry and odd cleaning up around the house. When Ariel went down to nap, I spent the time sewing and Ken worked on his projects.

Ken is now cleaning the kitchen for me and Ariel is watching Muppets... she is indeed Daddy's girl.


This concludes our long weekend of fun. Off to enjoy the remaining time with Ken and Ariel. Bye!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Crazy cat! That would freak me out too, poor Ariel.

Love the pic of Ken throwing Ariel in the air. :)

Kim said...

Seeing Ariel kiss Snoopy after he fell down was soooo cute! She looked like she was having lots of fun!

I saw Narnia yesterday and thought it was awesome! I enjoyed this movie more than the last one :-)

Tera said...

Love the picture of Ken tossing Ariel in the air! So cute! We went to the movies for the 1st time in a long time on Sunday too...I agree, it was nice to have some couple time.

Amy said...

Nice weekend! The grass in the last picture is SO green- I dunno about that cat though, they just freak me out all together!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...