Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Mid Week Moments

Ken is out tonight at a meeting and I am flying solo, so far so good. We have had a busy few days running around all over the place... and it was great but I must say I am looking forward to a quiet day tomorrow with some friends at the park. Ahhhh.

This was Ariel eager and waiting to roll.


Monday I was the human lobster. The sun at May Days was very unkind... even though I had sun screen on... apparently I miss a few spots. Nothing worse than looking all blotchy and sore. I was planning originally to stick around town and walk since it was much cooler out... that changed when I met the mail man at the door and he snickered at my burn! Rule one, DO NOT LAUGH at someones misfortune with the sun. Its painful enough already, I don't need to feel like more of an idiot. Sheesh. I half smiled back at his comment 'got a bit too much sun, eh?' Um, yeah, good call Sherlock!

This event had me running with Ariel to the car and driving to Richmond to escape anyone knowing me. Lol. We went to superstore and did our regular grocery shop there instead. Best part, had enough points so I got my $80 order for free. Yay. That helped my mood. Ariel also seemed to pick up on my general moodiness and kept saying 'you sad?' Awe, my little sweetie, she is so concerned when people aren't acting like themselves.


The next day the burn was looking much better. After all the water I was drinking (best thing ever to get rid of them fast) I was happy to see the redness fading. Ariel and I met Nana, Aunt Penny (who was in town briefly) and Stella for coffee. Afterwards Stella and I took off for Cloverdale and went to the COOLEST store call Essential Packaging. There I got all the goodies I needed for making Ariel's birthday invitations and other things for the party. Yay!

We then had lunch at Boston Pizza, Ariel for once wasn't really hungry. Gasp! Hehe, I think she filled up on snacks earlier so its ok. She did want to sample a good amount of Stella's lunch instead of her own. What a goof.


Then we hit a fabric store before coming home. It was a fun day and Ariel had a great time, as did I. Can't wait to start putting together the invitations. They shouldn't take long. Pictures once they have been sent out.

Today started as a gloomy looking day outside. I actually thought it would rain so we went off to get Mommy some shorts... the ones I bought a few weeks ago are too big. I know its a nice problem to have, but I told Ken getting skinny is making me spend more on clothes than I ever had before. Gack. I did also find a really cute outfit for our big date on Friday for SATC! I have to look nice for that, its all about fashion right? Hee.


I also used up my 20% off coupon at Gymboree. Yes, there is a coupon in the June issue of Parents magazine. These were some of the finds:

Super cute watermelon dress...


The island girl, guess we need to go to Hawaii right?


Came home and stopped to visit Nana and Papa. Then home again for a nap. Oh, Ariel had another one of her nose bleed incidents again. I could totally tell she picked or scratched it in her sleep since it was all over only one hand and one side of her nose. Yuck. This time she continued to sleep though the whole thing and when I went to wake her found her sleeping in the mess. Gross. Had to throw her in the tub, the whole time she is crying and saying 'sorry'. Poor baby, its not your fault... well it is, but your sleeping when you do it. I think thats a get out of jail card in my books. I am making an effort to check her nose before naps and bedtime to make sure they aren't dry and crusty, since I think that usually bring it on.

Well, time for the princess to have a bath. I shall leave you all with a picture I caught of her pondering... hmmm.


Such a pretty girl. Mommy loves you... bloody noses and all.

2 comments:

Tera said...

Sorry to hear she had another nose bleed. :( Love the new outfits! I kept browsing the new lines yesterday online.

kelly ens said...

cute outfits, as ever!!! glad your sunburn is getting better, and hopefully Ariel's poor nose will hold off on anymore bleeds.
can't wait to see the final product on the invitations! i'm sure they'll be fabulous :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...