Saturday, September 02, 2006

Adventures in Richmond

This morning we packed up the almighty volvo and headed to Richmond in search of baby hangers, new closet pole and diaper pail. We dressed the princess in her bloop bloop outfit (one I bought when I found out I was having a girl). Its still a tad big, but she has tiny limbs. Either way, she was uber cute.

Stopped at toys r us first and found the hangers. You would think baby hangers are easy to find, not so! Couldn't find any here in town, and the only place I remember seeing them was toys r us. Strange indeed. Bought 6 packs of 10, thinking that was enough. Also found the much needed diaper pail for her room, as we will be returning to our room soon with the weather cooling down finally. Also found a cute outfit in a 12 month size, Kenny really liked it so into the basket it went. Their clothes are pretty dang cheap, so its a bonus.

Next we walked around several stores looking for a new closet rod. The one in Ariel's closet is really thick and hard to hang things on, so I wanted something smaller to put in while we are living here. Apprently, these rods are hard to find too. I did find a super cute pumpkin at Homesense. Its made from different fabrics and is perfect for my fall decor. I buy one new piece every year, so I have a pretty awesome collection now, its almost time to get them out too. Whee.

Finally, we stopped at Zellers and found the silly pole. We ate lunch as Ariel was waking up finally. On the way home we got the oil changed in the car, something I have had on my to-do list for awhile now. We stopped by Nana's and had a visit. Papa finally held Ariel and we didn't have our camera, poo. Must do that again, this time with camera. It was pretty cool how she was checking Papa out, not sure who he was. Hehe.

Came home and I hung the rod and started hanging the pile of clothes that we had been given. Its all done and I have NO spare hangers! So, I will have to pick up a few more next time I am out that way, sigh. I am pretty proud of the work I did, since I don't have tons of energy these days. However, now I am pretty beat and am gonna take a nap, so Jay over and out!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wal Mart has nice sturdy ones, and they even come in pink ;)
Robyn

Megan said...

Just fyi, when you buy clothes at Superstore/Extra foods and Old Navy, they GIVE you the hanger WITH the clothing item! You should request tht all shower gifts come with a hanger! hahah!

Megan said...

oh yeah, I was also going to comment, that I just bought a closet organizer for the new nursery.. it was only $16.99 at Walmart (they have them at Cdn Tire too) it's a 'rubbermaid' brand, and you can adjust to suit your needs. At this age their clothes are so tiny that you can get like 3 racks high to a closet!

Jay said...

good tips, will have to look into that. you guys are lucky to have walmart close by, its faster to go to Richmond than the closest walmart store to us. blah!

yeah, pink hangers would be fun, but I figured I be practical in case any other kids we have aren't girls. Sigh, sometimes I wish I wasn't so practical. hehe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...