Monday, September 04, 2006

Labour Day

Today was a nice day of visiting and light activity. We had a lazy morning around the house until it was time to go to Dad's house for the gift opening. Mike and Jo had a nice honeymoon on the Oregon Coast with plenty of whale watching. Apparently, now is a prime time to see them, who knew? They brought back some fun outfits for Ariel, including uber cute pink mukluks!!! Speaking of the princess, she slept through the whole present event. At first she was on the bed guarded by the friendly pillow brigade, but was then moved to the living room cuz we missed her. There was the thought of her getting lost in the wrapping paper, but we figured she be safe.

Mike and Jo got some lovely gifts, enough cash to buy a new mattress, because a king one is now needed since Jo needs a bit of room to hide from my brothers snoring. LOL. I guess its good she heard him snore while taking a nap before they were married, be a pretty interesting surprise to discover on one's honeymoon. I was told there were ear plugs and headphones needed at one point. I heart Jo! What a gal!

We came home and I started addressing the envelopes to send out the birth announcements that were finished being printed this morning. I think I really had a good idea getting my photoshop design printed by the London Drugs people. They had them printed in 10 minutes! Crazy! They turned out so well, I am one happy momma! Watch your mail box for them! I will post the image once I mail them out, surprises are good right? Also got my thank you cards started, but those will take more time since I have to write in each of them. Won't it be fun to get mail that isn't bill related?

Ken has been animating like crazy to finish the scene for Galen. Looks really good. He also has been playing with his new toy, a VCR to DVD dubbing machine. You can put in a video tape or video camera footage and transfer it directly to a DVD without needing the computer. Its pretty cool, but I think Ken is going to enjoy and use it more than I. It will be great for sending footage of Ariel to family, thats the big plus!

Oh, before I forget again, dumb brain, big thanks to Karen (Dianne's sister) for passing down some of her daughter's clothes to Ariel. I have a huge garbage bag of cute things for when she is older. Its a little hard to believe she is going to fit them one day. Whee.

I guess thats it for today, Ken is back at work tommorrow, and I am planning to clean up the cave known as our home.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...