Friday, September 22, 2006

Feeling Icky x2

So this blog entry is a combo of yesterday thoughts and today, and you will see why as you read. This has been a service announcement. Thanks.

Well it seems now both us gals are sick. Ariel had her regular night feeding no problem but then woke up at 630am with the sniffles. Poor thing was not impressed and was pretty plugged up. We did some saline drops to loosen the mucus and that helped a lot. She was able to eat she was very happy for several hours sitting with mommy on the couch. Ariel would sleep on and off, and only had one barf episode where some of her lunch came up with a lot of the mucus from her tummy that she swallowed. Lots of diaper changes and they are still looking pretty good. The number 2’s are showing signs of a cold/flu (duh). Either way, she is Mommy's little trooper and isn’t fussy at all. In fact she has been really tough, only getting a bit sad when she wanted more to eat and was having trouble because she found it hard to breathe and eat at the same time, or be changed. The one thing different is her face, not as smiling as usual. I got her to grin when I pulled out Kermit and when I was talking to her in a funny voice. She even talked to daddy on the phone this morning and managed a smile, and I managed to capture it because it was too cute.

Sounds like Ken is having a good time. I am kinda glad he isn’t here to catch this. At least Ariel takes after me when she is sick, a strong fighter. I love Kenny, but when he is sick he is a bit of a baby, like most men in general. I miss him a lot right now, it be nice to have some extra hands. Nana has stepped in to help and is planning on staying the night. She doesn’t have to, but I think it helps calms her.

I am writing this in word right now because my stupid internet is down. Blah. Something about the little box from the cable people. Someone is coming in tomorrow to fix it. Still, its just another thing to add to the crappy list. Blah.

So its official that we aren’t going to coffee party tomorrow, which was to be our baby shower. Sigh. I am really bummed, and when Ken called at dinner time I had a bit of a cry. I was really looking forward to it, but I guess this stuff happens. I haven’t had a baby shower yet and the church one isn’t till October 1st. Its not that Ariel hasn’t had tons of gifts, she has been spoiled big time, but its just the idea of having the shower if that makes sense? You really only get a shower with the first baby and I just hope I don’t blow the church one now.

Nana is rocking Ariel in her nursery and listening to Raffi. She was upset I didn’t let her lay on her back, which she loves, because I didn’t want the mucus to get all bad again, she has to be elevated I have been told. It helps her breathe easier, and it defiantly true. Her bouncy chair has been a life saver. Anyhoo, I hope to post this on Friday, that is if my computer is fixed. Argh. As for now, its time for the season premire of ER. Whee.

Ok, here are todays thoughts...

Ariel had a good night, slept her usual hours, up at 3 to eat and then slept till morning. Yay. Nana and I however, were awake most of the night keeping an eye on her. She only had one time where she was overwhelmed with the snotty nose and she didn't even wake up, it was all in her deep slumber that I did the drops etc. Crazy girl is a heavy sleeper.

This morning she was feeling better. Still clogged a bit but she has slept most of the day and hasn't had any problems at all. Yay. I am hoping this means a good sleep tonight for me. I was feeling great except for a cough today, until about 5pm when my stupid headache came back, so not cool. Plus I couldn't catch a nap since I had no clue when the cable guy was coming to fix the silly modem. He came finally, then left, and returned 20 minutes later with our older style modem that was upgraded in the summer. Anyhoo, it works and thats all I care. I need my internet.

So we missed the shower. Booo! We did get a surprise visit of Irene, Linda and Stella to deliver the gifts. Boy did she get some neat things. A few cute outfits, some cool books, kit to take her hand and foot prints, block letters spelling out her name and several other neat treats. She also got fun mail over the past 2 days. A cute sleeper set from my Uncle Barry, Aunty Janet and their kids, a month old birthday cheque from her Great Grandpa Priebe and a few special cards from friends. I need to decide how I want to save her cards. Either in a box like I did with our wedding cards or in a scrapbook like I did with our engagement and shower cards.

I have also started her christmas stocking, hee. Will show it when its done. Yay. I mention it just so I know I have to finish it in time, and this makes the pressure greater. lol.

Ok, thats everything I think. Pray for us gals, being sick is no fun and I can't stand seeing poor little Ariel feeling that way. Hoping she bounces back soon. Also for Ken and his adventures in Ottawa. Sounds like he is having a good time.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...