Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Is your mom home?

Thats what I was asked today when I answered the phone at dinner time... I really didn't know how to respond. I kinda started doing the um and ah thing, how do you tell a person you are indeed the mom? Sigh. Upon asking Ken if I sound like a kid on the phone, he said yeah, but I know its you. Didn't help, heh. Most people making that mistake would then say, oh sorry and continue on, this woman just basically said, really? You sound like a kid. Nice. Thanks lady.

This lovely photo of Ariel is for her Aunty Jo and Uncle Mike. She is in her new outfit that they brought back for her. Now, what you don't know is, I put it on her and within 10 minutes, no joke, she had a 'crap attack' and had poop right up her back. GACK! So much for the outfit today eh? Nana ended up taking her laundry today and is a master of removing the stains, so the outfit will live to see another day. I just love her face, 'I did what?'

Other than the poop, we had a good day. I finished Ariel's cross stitch for her room. I hope to take it to the framers this week. We also did a test run with the baby bjorn snuggly Ken's mom gave us. After the horror stories of how I hated the snuggly as a baby, I was nervous to see the response. She actually seemed to enjoy it, but she is also a big cuddle muffin, so score one for the snuggly.

Also I am discovering the odd feeling of nerve endings healing from my surgery. Thats pretty strange. I read alot lately about women who feel cheated out of giving birth when having a c-section. Um, you still tynically gave birth, sure you were cut open like a thanksgiving turkey but you still had a baby. There is a pretty strong chance that I will have to have a c-section again when the time comes again. I don't really mind, all that matters to me is that there is a little person for me to hold at the end. Thats my deep thought for the day. Whee.

Dinner was a cabbage casserole in the freezer from Fran, yum. Ken went up to animate shortly after and I watched some tv. Big Brother is almost over, very addictive for summer viewing, especially since I got hooked as a huge pregnant chick who was required to rest and found it the only thing on at the time. I haven't seen the show since season 1, back in the summer of housesitting. I must admit, the only reason to watch was Chicken George, but he is gone now, sniff.

Been thinking alot about the tragic death of Steve Irwin, the Crocodile Hunter. Seeing the last few minutes of Larry King, they were showing pictures that kids drew to express their feelings over his death. This guy was like a superman to them, I never realized how much of an icon he was to youngsters. Its sad that he has a young family that now has to continue on without him. I feel for his wife and kids.

Getting sleepy, time to zonk before the girl wakes up to eat.

4 comments:

Megan said...

I'm loving the froggy sleeper.
I'm glad you didn't feel "cheated" about the C-Section. I thought I'd be more upset that my birth didn't go "according to plan" (born early, no midwife, wrong hospital, lots o' drugs) but I am pretty happy, looking back, about how it all worked out, and actually, this time am PLANNING on having the drugs =)

Jay said...

Yeah, I fought having the drugs but I had to give in because that dang stuff they gave me to build contractions is just nasty painful. Heheh. I don't think I ever was on so many drugs before, the video Ken has of me in that state is pretty funny. I guess nothing with pregnancy can be 'normal' or 'planned' but I guess thats part of the adventure. The only thing I hated was how long I had to stay at the ol' hospital, I need freedom (and my own bed)

Kim said...

Jay your baby is utterly adorable, and you're right - at the end of the day you've still given birth and have a little one to hold in your arms!
I didn't realize what a strong impact Steve Irwin had on kids until my students (ESL teenagers) mentioned him today. His death was so tragic, and everytime I think about the two kids he left behind I want to cry!

Jay said...

Thanks! SHe is a little ham for the camera sometimes, like her daddy.

Isn't it interesting how these things can effect kids. I guess when he comes across as invincible, its hard to understand how he could be gone. I heard what his daughter said about her daddy in a magazine for fathers day last night on ET and it was so hard to watch, truely a sad story.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...