Sunday, September 10, 2006

Family day

Sunday turned out to be a nice family day. We headed to church this morning where our new worship pastor ended up pulling out an accordion for one song, lol. No, it was really good, and a neat surprise too. After the service we got a tour of the new wing that is under construction. Its soooooo big and amazing! I can't wait to see it finished. I still can't believe its gonna be done by december this year. Also found out I will be getting a call about the church ladies throwing me and Ariel a baby shower. Yay. Fun times! I can enjoy it now with the wedding done and my healing on the up and up.

After church Ariel went to Nana's so we could do a quick Costco run. We ended up getting a new christmas tree, which I have been wanting to get since 2 years ago. Ours is becoming a bit on the small side with all the ornaments I keep making. This one is a 7.5 foot and its pre-lit. Yay. The idea of doing lights when there is a baby around seemed more trouble thans its worth. So its a nice feature indeed. Nana wants to use our other tree until we move to another place where I can have both up. Yes, I want 2 trees in my home one day. Hee. Costco was uber packed and I was glad to finally get out alive. Didn't do much food shopping since we needed toilet paper and paper towel, once you have those in the buggy there isn't much room left. So just imagine the tree in there as well. Ken nearly took out some people with it. Anyways, the freezer still have a good supply of food to eat up first.

Then we had dinner with Dad and Rita at Boston Pizza. Dad is going out of town for almost a month so it was nice to see him before he left. Ariel gave him a little gift for Grandparents Day, which was today. Seems like we get more holidays every year. Now we are home and Ken is trying to calm the gal, not sure if its going to work. The 7pm-9pm time is usually 'I want mommy only' time since Ken is usually busy in the office. But I think she finally gave in and has fallen asleep. Huzzah! My husband is so awesome! He cares for Ariel and I so much, and I love how he calls us 'his girls.' I just got this picture from my Dad's collection of pics he took at Mike and Jo's wedding. I love it of Ken and his little button. Hee.

Just got an email from my client, and it looks like I will be getting some more work my way soon. They just put a quote in for more newsletters, so thats very cool. Will be interesting trying this working from home now that Ariel is here, but she is such a great girl that I am pretty confident we will find our way. Frankly, its a real blessing that I have this option in my life to be home with my family and still have the chance to be creative with his job. Life is good and indeed a blessing. Like we sang this morning in worship, 'for the Lord is good.' Amen.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...