Monday, September 11, 2006

A day of days

Today is the 5th anniversary of the 9/11 tragedy. Ken and I were discussing it last night, remembering where we were when we heard the news and the course of our days surrounding it. We were just waking up, listening to the radio then as Ken left for work I was watching the tv reports and suddenly realizing how big this really was. Ken was really nervous and upset, being an American and having family that could be in harms way. Its one of those things you will never forget.

Now, on this sunny Monday, my 4 week old daughter gave me a wonderful gift today. Her first REAL smile in response to me talking to her. Soooooo very cool! She really is changing and growing. I was reading the first year book and sure enough she is right on cue with cooing, smiling and watching my face. Now September 11th will have another memory attached, one of hope and joy.

Ariel also had a great day, she got another gift in the mail. This one was from our friend Galen and his family. They sent Ariel her first KERMIT THE FROG!!! Of course she loved it, look at that smile. She was pretty darn excited and frankly, we aren't that surprised in the least. Yay for Kermit!

Finally, Ken is going to some awards night downtown on Thursday. Its some thing for animation and video games I think. Anyhoo, he has to rent a tux, hehe. Nice! Best part, William Shatner is hosting the event! LOL. Thats totally worth going for, and Ken actually wasn't that interested at first. I was like, go you silly twit! Have some fun. He is feeling a bit bad that he is going away next week and wants to spend as much time with us as possible. However, no one should turn down a chance to see the big Star Trek man himself. Hehe. Beam me aboard!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...