Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Feeling Icky

Thats how I am somewhat feeling at the moment. Not sure if its allergies or flu but its not fun. My head started feeling sore around noon, all morning my nose was running and I couldn't stop sneezing. Nana had come over to get the Ariel's laundry and ended up rocking her to sleep and holding her so I could have a hot shower, a bowl of soup and a quick nap so my headache pills could take hold. My little girl slept and then proceeded to sleep most of the afternoon, only waking once for a quick snack. That extra rest helped and I feel a bit brighter but my head and nose are still gross. Can't be sick, cuz Ken leaves tomorrow for Ottawa. Blah.

Also this morning, the lady from the hospital came by to give me the run down on the special program I will be using for an infant study I agreed to take part in. They left me with a palm pilot with a special diary program, I have to fill it out for 7 days on Ariel's 24 hour activity. So I put in when she sleeps, eats, cries etc. I also put in how I am feeling at end of each day. Its pretty interesting, hence my willingness to take part. After this week, I then do another week, only this one is written. They even are paying a small amount for my time, and Ariel gets a neat certificate for her baby book.

Ariel is busy playing in her bouncy chair. She is starting to reach out at the hanging toys and smiles at them. Its pretty cute and exciting to see her developments. She still prefers laying on the floor all stretched out. I even have to wrap her in her blanket a bit differently so that her legs aren't tucked but allowed to be straigh. I may have to make some slightly longer blankets if she continues this trend.

Ken just called, and is going to be leaving the office later just so he can finish some last minute stuff up. Then its home in a cab with all the junk he has to haul on the airplane. Guess we are packing tonight. Whee.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...