Saturday, February 23, 2008

After all is said and done...

The last few nights I have been slowly finishing the church directory that I have been working on for the past few weeks. Tomorrow the draft will be out at church for people to check, and frankly I have already found several changes to make. Ugh. Either way, its all good since the majority of it all is finished, and I can breath a little easier. The hard part has been mostly getting all the information from people, as they tend to forget to submit it when asked... and asked... and asked again. Sigh.

On Thursday night we allowed Ariel to treat us to dinner at the Keg (since thats when they seem to be open only around here). It was also the last day we could use the gift certificate that Ariel had won in the radio station contest several months ago. Shows how often we have time for things like this. Haha. It was a good break from the work and a nice time together in a place that was a bit more fancy than we usually go to these days. The waiter was super sweet to Ariel, and brought her sippy cup filled with water on his serving tray with the glasses of wine for the table next to us. Awe. Something really cute about that.


We had the most amazing meal, it was the special of the night, steak and veggies with with a sauce with lobster added. Yum!!! Ariel had the BBQ chicken, and I was most impressed with the kids menu having a VEGGIE opinion! Most places its just fries, but no you could get a side of veg, always nice to see. She ended up bringing half her dinner home since she filled up on the bread basket.

We got home and Ken headed out to be a guest speaker at another Bible study group. While he was out, my Dad called and we got invited to breakfast the next morning. Woot. Then it was bath time for the bubble shark. She is gonna get ya!


Next day we went for breakfast with Dad and Rita, and they had gifts for Ariel from their vacation in Florida and Disneyworld. Some cute clothes and a stuffed alligator that became the toy of the day in Ariel's eyes. Later when we were out at the store people were laughing at the pink princess and her scary looking gater. Kinda a funny sight. Hee.


Anyhoo, after breakfast, Ariel and I spent the morning with a friend from church, Lesley. She is in the middle of writing music for the next Christmas concert, and asked me if I could do the script for her. So we brainstormed and I got to hear the music she has written thus far. Its going to be a neat project indeed. It was nice to visit with her too, since its been awhile since we have had the opportunity to do so. I use to babysit for her back in the year when I was getting married, gack, almost seven years ago. Now I have the little one, how times flies.

So then last night I stayed up till past midnight finishing the draft directory, since today was my self appointed deadline. Yawn, so a little tired today. Especially since we were up early for the church's AGM meeting. I was helping introducing the new logo, so I had to be up bright and early. Gack. Since Ariel wasn't keen on staying for the whole meeting, we met up with my Dad so he could help me replace the front headlight of our car that had burnt out and put on new windshield wipers. Yay, the car is happy again.

I also picked up Ken's picture at the framers, looks good, now to find the right wall. Also in was the new bathing suit I ordered. Not sure if there is anything more frightening than bathing suit shopping. Ugh. I actually picked it out online, using the Sears online virtual model. Very cool. I made up a person that looked like me and had it try on the suits for me. WOOT! So I ordered the one I thought looked the best and when I tried it on today, I must say, I was VERY happy. I got a Tankini that had a skirted bottom, which I love. Here is the online catalog picture of the suit.
The fit was great and I love the skirt, since I am not a fan of reveling too much of myself. This was a suit I would have never picked for myself, so I am just tickled how cute it is and so youthful feeling compared to my last swimsuit that was a maternity one, ugh. I just signed Ariel up for her next level of swimming lessons in March, so we are now all ready to go! Mommy has to look good next to Ariel, hee.

Tomorrow is Oscar night, and I have a yummy list of treats prepared out of my favorite new cookbook, and they are healthy too! Woot. Ken and I live for Oscar night, so we are very excited to see it is actually happening after coming close to being canceled due to the writers strike. Ariel will be excited to see her buddy Jon Stewart hosting, so it should be a fun night. Maybe as much fun as a barrel of monkeys... er basket of baby.

8 comments:

Jeremy said...

I love your new bathing suit!

Have fun watching the Oscars tonight...do you already have your predictions? We sort of do, we'll see!

Michelle said...

have fun watching the oscars...enjoy the munchies..

Amy said...

LOVE the new paisley bathing suit Jay!! You are going to need that for hotel swimming in September!!!

Kristin said...

Cute new suit! I have not seen the Sears make your own you model thing, I'll have to try it next time I need a bathing suit.

What a cute little bubble shark! LOL :)

Katrina said...

Just curious, what's your new favourite cookbook? I like having a good collection, especially ones with healthy recipes.

Jay said...

Thanks guys! Katrina it is the Biggest Loser Cookbook. I love it, and its got lots of fun things. Yummy! :)

Dianne said...

Love the swim suit!

John Stewart was great as a host, hey?

Jill Brochard said...

What a cute suit!! Just love it!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...