Sunday, February 17, 2008

Weekend Update

Ariel was planning on blogging for me tonight, but since she needed to go to bed, it will have to wait until next time.


Is it really Sunday night already? Oh well, on to another week of fun right? After our busy Friday with friends, we kept things low key on Saturday. After a great late sleep in, Ariel and I went for a walk into town for a few things and then stopped to visit Nana and Papa. Came home for lunch and a nap, during which Ken came home. Did I mention how much I am loving my hubby home early on Saturdays? Hee.


Ariel is also enjoying having Daddy home to play and read with her. They spend a long time looking at the photo albums while I made dinner last night. She is starting to recognize people more in pictures lately and trying to say their names. Its a work in progress for sure and a fun one to boot. Whee.


One thing we did yesterday was go out and get Ariel's passport photos. She has a passport but since she was under a year when she got it, is allowed a free update since they wanted updated photos for babies. After looking at the old picture, it is safe to say she has the same expression but she has more hair now. Haha. Will take the forms in person sometime this week, and thankfully it shouldn't take anywhere the length of time it took last year. One more step in the Disneyland prep. Whee. Speaking of which, the travel agent should be calling tomorrow with some package ideas for us. Yay.


Today we ended up missing church since Uncle Bill and Aunty Penny were stopping in town briefly on their way home from Mexico. We had brunch with them and Nana and Papa. I tried something different, a breakfast bowl, very yummy. It managed to fill me up and I didn't need lunch. Unfortunately, it was super busy and they seemed short staffed. Poor Ariel was really hungry since she had only nursed prior to us coming was losing her patience, so she ate 2 little packets of jam and some crackers until her eggs and pancakes arrived. She was very happy when her tummy was full and she walked without the stroller, all the way back to Nana's house afterwards. She was in her cute red coat and we kept getting stopped by people commenting on how she looked like a little doll, awe. Once at the house, Ariel was happy to play with the toys while we had a chance to visit.


She also rotated between people to read her the alphabet book. Haha.


She was very sad to leave and there were tears. Boo. Before heading home, we picked up some salmon for dinner and I stopped into Joanie's shop to check on the order of Ariel's little white shoes for Easter and summer. We got home and Ariel pretty much went upstairs on her own to her room, she knew she needed a nap. What a sweetie.


During Ariel's nap I helped Ken. He has been busy finishing some freelance animation over this past week and I have been helping shade in some otters... let me rephrase... lots of otters and a few bunnies and ducks.

Ariel was up a few hours later and was eager for her fish dinner. While it cooked she helped me put the laundry away. She happily passed me socks and underwear to put away in the drawers, and after each pass squealed with joy that she was helping like a big girl. She is growing up so fast and seems to be changing daily. Crazy.


I thought I'd end tonight with a few new Ariel fun facts and stories. First off, she has entered the phase of wanting to hoard things. She tends to grab several stuffies and toys and make her way up or down the stairs.


She is also showing signs of understanding the concept of the potty, even if she won't go on it yet. Several times this week she would point to it and say 'peeeee.' I brought it upstairs to our bathroom in hopes we might get a chance to try it if the moment presented itself. After her bath, I pointed to the potty asking if she had to go and sit on it. Well, she sat her toy dog on it.... then peed on my floor. The score stands at Ariel 1 and Mommy 0. Oh and I am sure we will have lots of these fun stories to come.

3 comments:

Dianne said...

Ah, the joys of pee on the floor... I can't wait.

All your pictures make me want to start shopping for baby clothes. And more and more and more. Your bloggy is a dangerous place for me!!!

Kristin said...

Love the passport photo, so cute!

Brenda said...

Mallory's an indiscriminate pee'er. Diaper, potty, floor...anything works! :) Can't wait to read Ariel's post tomorrow!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...