Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines Day!

Hope you are enjoying the day with someone you love, no matter if its your family or sweetheart. I know a lot of people hate this day, but its what you make of it thats important. I am a helpless romantic, and for the years when I didn't have someone to share this day with, I still was caught up in the magic of it all. Then several years ago a scruffy haired boy I knew at animation school asked me out on Valentines Day... the rest is history. Now we have a beautiful daughter who is officially 18 months today. What a special day to celebrate a half birthday.


Ariel got to wear her special Valentines outfit today from Grammy, the new shoes and t-shirt. We finished the look with a denim skirt and a cute red and pink coat we already had. She was attracting lots of attention all over town as the little Valentine sweetie. So cute.


Today we started off the morning with a trip to the doctors for Ariel's final shots until she is ready to go off to school. I can happily say that it was great to finally finish these, since its no fun for either of us. But like the trooper she is, after the shots and we were out with the toys, it was like nothing had happened. Had to get some pictures of her waiting in the room, as the smile soon faded once she figured out what was going to happen. But doctor gave her a lollipop and all was forgiven, yay!


Excuse me, you said shots?


Ariel is doing well, growing on track with her curve. She is 22lb and 32.5 in long. Her doctor asked several questions to make sure she was right on with her development. She happily pointed to all her body parts as she named them off, and even said 'owl', which made the doctor laugh. I guess its funny to hear what words kids grow fond of when learning to talk, needless to say we are a bird loving family. Hee. We got the biggest laugh though when she asked if Ariel was eating with her fingers a certain way, and I responded she uses cutlery. Well she nearly fell off the stool, and told Ariel she was a very smart little girl.

Afterwards, we saw Nana at the cafe for a treat. Princess had her usual, a slice of spinach, tomato and feta quiche. People always have to stop and watch her eat, since its pretty darn funny to see her master the spoon and not lose a bite.


See old eagle eyes watching to make sure Nana wasn't going to take any. Haha.


We finally got Ken's special animation drawing into the framers today. Its going to look so good when its all done. This was what we all pitched in for at his birthday, so its a real treat. I will post a picture when we get it back all done.

We then came home for a rest, as Ariel was a bit sore by then and needed to chill out with her toys. Talk about a busy morning.


Once she was inside, had some lunch, yes on top of that 'little' snack she had already, she was much happier. Ariel sat in her chair talking to puppy while I cleaned up lunch.


We then had to change her outfit into a comfy dress that wouldn't cling to her leg or arm where she had gotten poked. Not to mention she was uber sticky from that lollipop. Ick. We relaxed on the couch and read some books. Can't beat a good book.


After a nice long nap, Ariel was full of beans and ready to help me set up our festive dinner table.


I had some scrap organza fabric and used it as an overlay to our table cloth. Then added our valentine's tree, some candles and sprinkled cinnimon hearts all around. I was really happy how it all turned out, so was Ariel.


I tucked my little gifts to Ariel and Ken at the back of the table.


Right before Ken arrived, I had dinner served up and ready, yummy Cornish hens and fixings. It was soooooooo good!


Ken walked in and had some pretty flowers for me, awe.


After our delious meal, we had some cookies I had gotten at the cafe that morning. I had half of mine, Ariel... well she ate most of hers.


We then did gifts. Ariel got a little pink duck, as she is very much into duckies these days. As well as some Elmo cookies in a cute tin box she can carry around and a new toy car shaped like a pig. Hee. Ken loved his collection of goodies too. I give him less than a day to have them all gone.


Ken got me a sweet card with a little flower that grows in water, and a REALLY cute storybook about a sock and a mitten who realize they are the perfect pair. Awe!!! I also got some love cal chocolates, woot!


And so ends another happy little Valentines Day in our family. Hope you had a wonderful day too!

6 comments:

Jeremy said...

Happy Valentines Day!! I'm so impressed with your table decor...it was beautiful!

Ariel's heart shoes couldn't be cuter!

See you tomorrow.

Erin

Kristin said...

Sounds like a lovely day, aside from the shots, poor girl. :(

Jill Brochard said...

All I can say is Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!
Ariel in yet another precious outfit! You guys are just the cutest family!

Brenda said...

What a lovely Valentine's Day - sounds just perfect!

Ariel's adorable as ever!

Amy said...

OK Jay, I am impressed! Not only did Ariel have the perfect Valentines day outfit on in the morning BUT she had a second one to change into for the afternoon!! *sigh* I need to hire you to be my personal shopper, because I am slacking!

Can't wait to see Ariel in her new dresses!! (Maybe in person too YAY)

kelly ens said...

wow - what a great day it looks like you had! Of course, Ariel looks SOOOO adorable, as ever. Great looking meal, and some sweet treats for you all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...