Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Sunny Days Ahead!

Today we were all trying to get back to the regular routines. Ken was back at work and finally there was a brief break in the crappy weather, so Ariel and I managed to get out early this morning to get a nice walk in. We went down to the church to pick up some of the forms that were turned in for the directory I am putting together. On the way back we stopped to mail some letters, pick up some toothpaste that I totally keep forgetting to remember to buy and had a short visit with Nana and Papa. Of course while out I missed the mail man bringing the birthday present for Ken from his family. Doh.

Got home right before the rain returned and had lunch and nap time for Ariel. I spent the afternoon cross stitching, which I have gotten back into again, must be the rain. Pulled out an old project that I would like to finish this year, the Footprints poem. Its really pretty with the waves and fish around it, here is a picture of the pattern. I have almost the full boarder finished and all the words, so its pretty close, just lots of detail stuff mostly. I will get a picture of mine at some point.


When Ariel woke up earlier than usual, we headed down to the post office to see if the package had arrived. Sure enough it had but it was too big to take on foot, so I had to go back for the car. Oh well.

When Ken got home he opened his presents, a cool digital photo frame from his mom, an itunes card from Jonathan and some movies from Dan. He was a happy boy!


Of course Grammy didn't forget her favorite little granddaughter and send some goodies for her too! She got a cute little 'Janie and Jack' Valentines t-shirt, some cute heart shoes, tights, sunglasses and wall hanging (which is very appropriate! Hee). She also sent a lead testing kit, and so I did a few tests already on Ariel's toys, all safe!


Last night Ariel was enjoying solving her animal puzzle and she was so good I had to take a video. Hey, my kid, so I can brag! Hehehe.



Well, in fun news, Ken and I have been talking about taking a little family vacation this fall. We would love to expand our family at some point (God willing). However before that we really want to have a fun vacation for just the 3 of us. Sooooo, we are starting the planning for a California adventure to DISNEYLAND! Where else would people like us go? Haha. The last time Ken and I went we were on our Honeymoon, so its been awhile. I picked up some info today to look through and we are getting really excited about it already.


Ariel will be 2, which still gets her in free everywhere, which is also a big plus! I talked to some friends of mine that took their 2 year olds and had such a fantastic time that I feel comfortable about this, in fact I am super pumped. I think Ariel knows she is headed for sunny days, all she wants to do is wear her shades. Haha.

4 comments:

kelly ens said...

LOVE the sunglasses :)
looks like Ken and Ariel both got some great items in the mail!!
wow - you guys will have an awesome time on your trip for sure! how exciting!!!

Kristin said...

Disneyland! FUN!
Yes Ariel does look ready for the sun, what a cutie!

Michelle said...

oh great pictures,disneyland sounds good.see you on the boards.

Kim said...

Disneyland is an awesome place for a family vacation! Love the pictures and the video as always!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...