Wednesday, February 20, 2008

One of those days...

Sometimes I just can't win. Blah. Today had a lot of promise, Nana and I were going to town for shopping, taking in Ariel's passport stuff and a free lunch with the gift certificate I still had for the Keg. Seemed flawless right? Naw, this is me your talking about. Haha.


So we get on the road and arrive at the mall bright and early. Ariel was happy to be at her favorite Gymboree store for the big baby sale. Sadly she sat still for only 5 minutes and from then on was taking all the hair clips from the accessory stand and handing them out to all the babies in buggies. It was really cute actually, but when I tried to get things to the register to pay, Ariel pitched a fit that not every girl had enough clips. Good grief.


That ended once she saw her new purse mommy got her. Yes, I thought my sweetie would love a little purse to for dress up, and boy was I RIGHT! As we left the store, she happily carried her new purse, showing anyone who caught her eye. We also managed to attract enough attention that people were asking where they could go buy one of the purses. I think I need a commission, because I think they will have sold at least 5 thanks to me and Ariel. Haha.


Next stop was the passport office. The night before I had put everything in my bag that I would need... or so I thought. Get through only to have them realize that I need to show Ariel's birth certificate. Crud. I thought with only her picture being updated on her passport, that was all that was needed along with the form, I stand corrected. So now we will be going back tomorrow morning to finish up everything. At least she gave me a form that will bypass the long lines, bless her heart. Apparently, passport Canada has hired nice people. What a change. Even the security guard had a smile and a wave for Ariel. Makes for a pleasant visit, even with the mix up on my part. Oh well.


Ariel ended up slipping on her coat while waiting with Nana and cut her inner lip. She cried, we hugged and there was blood. It was gone pretty fast and no chipped teeth, so we are all good. She was checking out all the other little babies getting passports. Luckily she didn't poke anyone's eyes out. We finally got her to know her eyes (she always pointed to ears since she thought they sounded the same, lol) but she now wants to point them out, er poke them, on everyone.

So then it was off to lunch... again so I thought. Get to the Keg only to see this location only does dinner. Call Ken and he calls a few and gets the same response. At this point I am practically crying in the car. Mostly due to PMS but either way, I wasn't happy. We head back home to have lunch at the Boot, only to wait forever since there is only ONE waitress during the lunch crowd? What gives!?

Lunch was good when it finally arrived... of course that was after the big group next to us already had their food and they came in AFTER us. Boo! I split everything in half and got a doggy bag for a yummy leftover lunch tomorrow. So that is a positive. Hee. Ariel was thrilled with her mac & cheese, the girl was starving at that point. She finished everything pretty quick and then made friends with the little girl in the next booth.


Came home and stripped her down since her dress, tight and sweater were showing all signs of our morning from dirt, blood and mac & cheese. Lovely eh? Got her changed and into bed, and she slept for a long time.

Other news, turns out I will be getting a credit on the Otter film since I helped Ken out! Too cool, I must say I am excited, and its a nice treat after helping Ken till 1am those few nights.


Well, I have some work to do, so I better get going. Tomorrow will be better... it always is.

5 comments:

Jill Brochard said...

So are those the outfits you got on sale?? Too cute! Sorry your day was so cruddy -- I hate days like that. But at least you are pretty darn sure that tomorrow will be much better!

Michelle said...

she looks so cute in her turtles and other clothing from gymbo.:) you should get a commision for possibly selling the purses.ha.

Amy said...

Sorry you had a crappy day, but on a lighter note it looks like Ariel got some cute new stuff! :)

Anna Marie said...

Ah, I love those days! ;) Ariel is cute as ever!

Kristin said...

Blah days like that are a pain in the butt!
I hope today is going better for you! :)

Love the mac and cheese pic, what a cutie. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...